Renting

We paid a total of £1515 when moving in. That was rent, deposit and admin fees. Then every month after that its abut £950 with rent and all bills. Then obviously food on top of that which is around £200 a month.

It is not easy if you can not get a guarantor. We needed one because my partner had bad credit and we both had to have good credit. However, every agent is different. You should look for private rentals in shop windows and the local newspapers or gumtree as a few people who do not use a agent wont even ask for a deposit, let alone the admin fees. Every 6 months, we have to pay £40 just to renew out contract...

x

We're moving house from a 2 bed to a 3 bed thats £525 a month with a garden (absolute bargain!) and luckily as it's the same estate agents we have got away with the admin fees.

We have to pay £1500 altogether x

And I thought buying was hard! Never realised how much money you have to cough up just to rent!

Every 6 months, we have to pay £40 just to renew out contract...

x

Why don't u ask to sign for a longer period?

Or u could ask to go on a periodic which is a rolling month to month contract and then u don't have to pay any re-sign fees.. The only thing with that is ur not in a fixed contract so it just goes month by month but if u know ur landlord has the property as an investment and has no intentions to sell then I would do that..x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back