Renting

Kaala

Reaction score
I was wondering if you have to be on a special list or have a special card or whatsoever to be able to rent a house/flat? Like, a waiting list? Or can you just rent whenever you feel like it as long as you have enough money? Saw a few nice 2 bedroom houses for under 500 a month and I wouldn't mind renting one of them with OH..

If it's private renting you just contact who the flat/house is up for rent with (estate agent etc) x

If it's private just contact the estate agent/ landlord.

Be aware that you'll have to pay admin fees to check that you're ok to rent from them. You also have to pay a deposit (usually 1.5x 1 months rent) and 1 months rent in advance.

So in other words, if the house is 500 a month, I have to pay 1250 at once to be able to rent?

Be aware that with private rents mainly through agents.. that you have to be earning something like 3 times the annual rent before they'll rent to you. so that's combined household income... it's getting harder and harder to rent... either that or you have to be able to pay a huge chunk upfront xx

We private rented you don't have to go through an agent. Look in local newspaper freeads for truly private rentals then you dont pay all the extra fees

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

But its either renting a house/flat or becoming homeless, plus if it would be 3 times the rent, we own around 2100 a month and the house itself is 450

Not all agencies care what your salary is

When we.moved here it was based on my annual salary alone at just 16k then and this costs 495

They willl probably credit check you and some ask for a guarantuer like your mum or dad.for the first 6 months

Id ring around see what people charge as they love to slap an admin fee.on it

You dont have to be on any list though x

:whistle: fapatalking :whistle:

When we got this house privately renting we had to pay a months rent as the bond (you don't get this back till you leave and only if the house is in the same condition it was let in) and we also had to pay the first months rent upfront, we have found a bigger house just up the road and are moving next Monday ( god help me) and we have had to pay the first months rent as the bond and when we get the keys we have to pay the first months rent upfront too.

It's bloody expensive but neither I or OH is in the position at the mo to get a mortgage hopefully next year we might be able to.

When I moved into this house I had to pay £280 admin fees, £1125 deposit and £750 rent, then a month later just the £750 plus council tax and bills.

When I moved into this house I had to pay £280 admin fees, £1125 deposit and £750 rent, then a month later just the £750 plus council tax and bills.

Ouch there greedy with there admin fees.

£750 rent that's expensive our new house is £495 just goes to show how the prices vary in different locations.

Last edited:

Ouch there greedy with there admin fees.

They know that sometimes people have no option to just pay it and go with it, so they can get away with charging what they like!

God £495 i wish you won't find a 1 bed flat for that down here.... x

Our house at the moment is a 2 bed with drive and the house were moving to is a 4 with drive and garage I couldn't pass it up as its a bargain really

Not all agencies care what your salary is

When we.moved here it was based on my annual salary alone at just 16k then and this costs 495

They willl probably credit check you and some ask for a guarantuer like your mum or dad.for the first 6 months

Id ring around see what people charge as they love to slap an admin fee.on it

You dont have to be on any list though x

:whistle: fapatalking :whistle:

Why would you need your mum or dad when you're 18+? I can understand if you were a student but..Plus I don't have a mum or dad so that would be out of the question

Sometimes if you don't meet the requirements, they'll let you put someone else down as as guarantor, so that if you fall behind with payments this person can step in.

It doeant have to be your mum or dad it can be a Family member or a good friend I think, it's basically so that they don't loose out if you don't pay rent the guarantor has to. It has nothing to do with if your 18+ it's just so that they get there money

Well, then I hope they won't ask about it because I have no family to rely on xD We'll see..I think I pop in into Jobseekers tomorrow to ask a bit information about renting in Bedfordshire x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back