Feeling disheartened - house hunting :(

Hunnie

Reaction score
Me and OH were planning to be in our own house by mid next year anyway but with the arrival of bambino in January we have had to start the search much sooner obviously.

I cant help but keep feeling disheartened by it all as Im realising how hard it is for first time buyers! OH is self employed and earns enough to pay to keep a roof over our heads and look after the 3 of us but the bank aren't exactly being generous when it comes to lending us money for a mortgage.

We were originally meant to be buying a house through a private sale. The house is perfect expect the fact that it is a little out of the way and I think I might have got a bit lonely up there. The valuation took its time to come through and it has been valued at more money than what we can really afford :(!!!

Second house Ive looked at (booked a viewing and going seeing it tomorrow!!) is absolutely perfect as well inside and I love the area it is in as its quiet and set back off the road but close to his family and my friends and my horses. Downside to it is though that there is no clear parking and its all just a mix match of cars everywhere parked pretty much wherever they can :(. The light at the end of the tunnel with it however was that there is a field right next to it so today we enquired about the possibility of buying some of the land so we could have at least a drive way and extention of the garden. The light has now been extinguished as the owners of said land have said they would be happy to sell but cant be bothered with all the hassle involved :wall2: . Still going to go and view it tomorrow and convince OH maybe we dont need a driveway as much as he thinks we do although it would be nice!

Was told about a house for sale tonight in the same area as property 2 so have just been and looked it up on the estate agents website and looked at all the pictures and details and felt it would suit us even though it needs modernising (so again got my hopes up), to then realise that a sale has been agreed on it :cry:

I literally feel like we are running out of options. I went to all the estate agents in town the other week and came home with so many potential houses to look at but each one just wasnt right :(.

:wall2::wall2: - Exactly how I feel round about now!

Have you thought about doing a shared equality mortgage? That's what we've done. The government pay a certain amount towards your deposit then you pay the rest so you don't need a huge deposit then after 5 years you start to pay the government back.
It was the only way we could get on the property ladder and it's just for 1st time buyers

Lacey, hon is it under shared and ownership scheme you on it?

Feeling quite a lot better about it at all today! Went to view the house with crap parking on Tuesday and I felt I could live happily in it but the matter of parking really let it down for both me and the Boyf. We were very honest with the vendor and just told him that we really did like the house but the fact that there was no parking was the thing that was stopping us from putting in an immediate offer. Both left the house feeling happy but a little annoyed that we couldnt buy any of the land to the side or back of the house as it would have been perfect.

We then went to the house thats being privately sold. It literally left me speechless and I was instantly in love with the place and I knew that this was THE house (if you know what I mean). It has so much character and it would be our lovely little cottage on top of the hill. OH liked the house but of course was more interested in oogling at the garage (big triple garage that I have to admit is a mechanics paradise) :roll::lol: After leaving the house we both decided we needed to try as hard as possible to find a mortgage advisor that could get us the mortgage that we need to get the house.

Anyway to cut a long story short, our mortgage advisor has found us a mortgage that we can get and we are now waiting for the bank to go and value the house and get back to us about whether they will lend us the money on the property. I know we are still a long way off but good news is far better than bad news and we are now both feeling very optimistic about getting our lovely house :D :D

xx

Aww, thats great news hun, keep us informed with what happens!!!

Mortgages are a bitch these days but the sooner you get on the ladder the better hun!! Im really pleased that you liked the house!!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back