Regular 'period' cramps in back/stomach

Rosieroo

Reaction score
Started last night.

Could it be braxton hicks? Still getting them this morning, about 15 mins apart. Most pain is in my back, though also hurts in my stomach.

Help :cry:

Hi Rosieroo

I'm not sure but I thought Braxton Hicks were pretty painless. I still get some pains when my period would be due. Could it be that? Just found this on the internet:

How can I tell the difference between Braxton Hicks and true labor contractions?
In the days or weeks before labor, Braxton Hicks contractions may intermittently become rhythmic, relatively close together, and even painful, at times fooling you into thinking you're in labor. But unlike true labor, during this so-called "false labor" the contractions don't grow consistently longer, stronger, and closer together.
http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregna ... h/156.html

If you're having 4 or more an hour they advise you to give your midwife a call just incase. I never worry about bothering mine :D
Hope you feel better soon.

Louise

HI Rosieroo

I started getting braxton hicks around 22 weeks, but they were never painful and there was no pattern to them either.

If you're getting period-like cramps in your back/stomach every 15 minutes then call your midwife (or the weekend number at the hospital) - chances are it's nothing and you can be re-assured, but don't take any chances.

Let us know how you get on

LBxx

Hi!

I have been having period-like pains for a few weeks now and it is almost everyday. I told my GP and she said not to worry, just to have a warm bath to relax, I am not too sure about this.
I do not know if it is braxton hicks as they describe it as period-like pains. It is not painful but a bit uncomfortable so I do not know. I am a bit in the same situation than you, sorry i cannot help :)

Hi :)

Well after I posted I went for a walk, then had a warm bath. Was still hurting so I called the midwife at the hospital (didn't bother with mine as it was an answerphone as always) to see if it was ok and she said that any pain should be investigated and to come on in.

Everything's fine, though found out that I've got a kidney infection which is probably contributing to the back pain a bit and also to the feeling totally whacked out.

It's been a really horrible week!!

Looking forward to getting on the mend and not feeling like an alien. The antibiotics have been making me feel really sick.

Oh dear Rosie...

I know how you feel with the whacked out...I was getting regular back pains when we came home from holiday in Latvia and I had lost over 7 pounds in weight... I had a kidney infection too. Amoxillin was what they put me on and it gave me thrush! :oops:

Plenty of natural probiotic yoghurt me girl!

Glad you are ok...
Sue

Amoxillin was what they put me on and it gave me thrush!

Funny you should mention that, I've just reached for the canestan cream :oops: :cry: :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back