Ouch! Braxton hicks??

TundraOwl

Reaction score
Hi guys,
the last couple of days ive been getting what I think are braxton hicks, but theyre painful, thought BH weren't supposed to hurt. My bump keeps going really tight and I feel winded, and like my stomach muscles are pulled. Also getting lower back pain, is this all normal?? If it is roll on the next three months, dont like this at all! It seems to be whenever I do anything, especially lifting, has anyone else had these, or should I ring the midwife?
Thanks
Lib

I get relatively painless ones but I'm starting to feel more uncomfortable with them.

Maybe time them and if they are regular ring the midwife?

hmmm good plan, they dont seem to be, but its been pretty constant since yesterday... i'll maybe ring her on Monday if theyre still constant

I think I get them during a growth spurt. Everything feels tight and a bit strained and I often get ligament pain at the same time. If I wait a day or two everything seems to go back to normal.

I find that it is uncomfortable when I get a BH but not painful x

I get them a lot and find them really uncomfortable, verging on painful, too. Had them really strongly with my first pregnancy, and all was well then, didn't go into premature labour or anything like that, just was a bit of a pain in the bum...

thanks guys, reassuring to know its normal, theyve eased off a bit now, went for a lie down and dozed off lol, seems to have helped though. Got a busy day tomorrow though and no staff to cover so its me on my own. DH is ill at the mo so I'll just have to battle through :( hoping theyre not too bad tomorrow.

Hope u feel better hun xx Try not to worry sure it's all normal x

ooh just had a thought! I had my appendix out about 6 weeks before I fell pregnant, had keyhole surgery so ive got a scar above my belly button, one on my left side and one near my groin, i was a bit hauled around though during surgery and had a bruised stomach for while. Tummy muscles took quite a while to recover, wonder if this is why BHs are hurting so much? Does anyone else think this could be the reason?
Was just a thought.
Thanks again guys
Lib

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111