Refusal

What a cow! Does she not realise how much it puts our minds at rest to hear that the little one is alive in there?!?!

I called my midwife centre as I was having a worried moment and they said I could go round that day and have a listen....I'm not being funny but it's their job to look after us during pregnancy and it's not good for you to be stressed or worried when she could have just listened and humoured you at least!

HONESTLY some people make my blood boil at the moment!!

x x x

thats not right at all..

i went 2 my gp midwife at 13+5 and asked her to see if she could find a heartbeat.. i knew this was really early obv, but she did it for me and found bubs heartbeat!!

i went for my 20 week scan yday (at 20+6) i dont go to our hospital, they hire rooms at a clinic closer 2 my home so we dont have as far 2 travel.. when i went there for my 1st scan the sonographer was pregnant herself and so she was great..

the midwife yday was really miserable.. my mum came with me as my partner was in work, and he has been 2 the others.. my mum asked ''what is it you check for at this scan''

and she jus said ''everything'' - without even looking at her.. i could see the heartbeat but she didnt let me listen to it, do a water sample or take my blood pressure..

maybe they dont do that there? might just have to wait until my next gp mw appointment at 25weeks..

i understand the sonographers do scans day in, day out, and it might get boring to them, but its the most important thing on the earth to us, and i think we deserve to walk out of our scans, confident and happy..

i wasnt at all yesterday

Aw what a shame Manda! But they don't do any other stuff at the scan appts, it's just the scan, it's only at GP/MW/Consultant appts that you'll hear the hb, get bp and wee checked and stuff. It's a real shame your sonographer was so short with you, but you have to try to remember that the scans are a medical procedure and as much as it's lovely for us to see our babies that's not what they're there for and the sonographers have other priorities. That said, most of them are understanding of how important it is to us at the same time, and it's just unfortunate that you got one of the moody ones. Try not to let it take away from the experience for you though hon, the important thing is that your baby is okay and you've seen him/her again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back