Reflux?

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
Evie gets hiccups after every feed now and brings a little bit of milk up with each hiccup. I wasn't worried but just now she threw up everywhere- it came out of her nose poor little thing :cry:

She's fallen asleep now so I know she's not in pain but I wondered why she's doing it. should i mention it to HV? is this reflux?

lil miss does this... she has hiccups a lot, she also coughs a lot after feeding and when she pukes... well... I think even the Thames Barrier might struggle... whole feeds too...such a waste of boob milk :x but shes putting on weight fine... I find camomile and fennel tea invaluable :)

Same as Phoebe. I asked HV about the hiccups and she seems to think its normal. As is sick coming out of their nose, because the space is so small behind their mouth.

She also said the projectile vomiting was normal, as a pocket of wind gets stuck behind a some milk.

Think its only a problem if they are sicking up most feeds and not gaining weight.

Might be worth a mention anyway, I do not have 100% faith in my HV!

:hug:

Chester is EXACTLY the same! I mentioned it to my HV and she said its all normal, she reccommended lying baby on his tummy accross your lap and rubbing his back for the hiccups, Chester absolutely hated it tho and screamed!! He was a really hiccup-y baby when I was pregnant as well and my midwife said he'll probably hiccup alot when he's born!

Eva is the same, I am always a bit nervous in the evenings after her bedtime feed as I might be drowning in a tidal wave. I have just started using infacol as I felt its better than the gaviscon the doc prescribed for reflux and so far so good, we get lovely big burps and only a little bit of spit up, and it all smells orangey! lol The infant gaviscon does work incidently but her nappies are horrible and I think it blocks her up a bit so I'm not keen unless she has puked a lot in a few hours. Eva has always hiccupped loads too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back