reflux

glowing

Reaction score
I have been formula feeding for nearly two weeks and Callie has been spewing up her feed sometimes an hour after finishing a bottle. She never takes more than 5oz in one go usually less and feeds frequently. She is 6 weeks old and does well at night taking 4oz every 4 hours. I think she has reflux so took her to the gp as HV said ok if gaining weight. She is on aptamil comfort as not pooing when bf. GP prescribed gaviscon but struggling to get it in. Trying bigger teats next feed advise welcome.

Have you tried propping her up for a while after her feeds? We had to do that with our LO as she kept bringing up milk up to an hour after feeding. It seemed to work pretty well at reducing the amount of reflux - although unfortunately I think time is the only real "cure".

My son is on carobel the gaviscon didnt work for him, been great ever since

I prop her up so tummy is far lower than head when feeding, I have tilted her moses basket. I don't put her flat after a feed and leave her fairly upright 20-30 mins after a feed. GP wanted me to feed as normal and not give the gaviscon, she wanted her weighed mon which she gained 9oz (still on 9th centile). Seeing GP Thurs for review she suggested enfamil AR if no improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back