Infant Gaviscon Users...

CoreysMummy

Reaction score
Right, some of you may remember my constant threads about my screamer.

Iv covered;

Lactose Intolerant - hes not.
Colic - Still a possibility, tho shows very few signs of it, bar crying.
Cranial Problem - Taken him to a cranial ostiopath twice now, and everything with that is fine too.
Reflux - changed his milk to c&g easy digest, he didnt throw it up any more but still crys.

So, today after another visit to see the HV we decided that changing back to normal milk and putting infant gaviscon in it was worth a try. Its nowhere near as thick as the comfort, I can see why some people say it dont work/help. My only problem now is, he keeps food down, bar abit of sick like every baby... is the heartburn/integestion pain that he is in that is making him cry. The HV was positive that infant gaviscon has acid neutralisers in it... like pepto bismol, which would solve the problem surely. However I cant find anything that says that infant gaviscon does anything but thicken the feed...??

Assuming he has silent reflux now that hes not projectile vomiting it everywhere... what can be done for that? Anyone have any advice about any of this? Dont they do a junior/infant pepto bismol or equivalent...

Please... any advice is welcome!! Thanks

Oh dear, I am not sure what to say really...Danica had silent reflux (with all the horrible screaming that went with it) and Infant Gaviscon really helped her. It caused other problems like constipation but it definitely helped with reflux. Why don't you try it for a while and see if it makes any difference? If it doesn't, there are other drugs. Just don't suffer on your own; ask your GP for alternatives. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ooooh, so, the gaviscon helped for silent reflux..! That sounds promising, im going to stick with it for a good few days to see what happends.

What can the gp prescribe for silent reflux? And what does it do.

Jeremy has silent reflux and the infant gaviscon really helped- he also used to have ranitidine aswell. You have to give it a few days as the effects add up over time. Hope it works for you

Hi all not posted here in a long time but when I saw this thread it reminded me so much of Rowan I just had to respond.

Rowan had silent reflux and wasn't diagnosed until he was in hospital with sptacemia, they finally took on board what I was saying about him not eating, screaming, crying etc. We saw a dietician who prescribed SMA Staydown milk, we also had the gaviscon infant sachets to put in aswell. Have to say I found the combination BRILLIANT and would recommend it to anyone with a child with silent reflux. You can get your doctor to prescibe Staydown milk and yes the gaviscon does have cooling properties to help an inflammed gastric tube. However its benefit is increased through use so while he may be a little better after one does, prolonged use will have greater benefits.

Hope this helps
xxx
Stace

I have just started my daughter on this, she used to ""possett" up to two hours after her feed, be very unsettled after her feed and also make screaming noises whilst she was feeding, It got diagnosed after she possetted and was unable to swallow it back down and started to choke :shock: :shock: luckily we caught her doing it and she was admitted to the hosp for a night,

We had out first 2 bottles with the infant gaviscon and already i can see it working, She isnt screaming during her feed and seems to be taking it quicker. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Good luck

Definately give it a good go, its helped Eva loads with the silent reflux, we also found using infacol before feeds helps as it get any air bubbles up so the stomach isnt producing as much excess acid.
Hope you find something to help, I could cope with the sickiness when she was like that but screeching in pain is too horrible :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back