reflux

Marijana FC

Reaction score
After days of trying to treat Danica's teething, we finally saw a doctor today who said that dsanica wasn't teething but she is suffering from reflux?! I've spoken to so many different doctors and nurses for the last week and nobody mentioned reflux?! And now, of course, everything makes sense...We have been given Gaviscon and I really hope it will start working soon. Anybody else with reflux problems? How long does it take for gaviscon to start working? Do you have any advice as to how to handle baby now?

We tried Gaviscon once and it didnt work at all, I think you should see a differance straight away if it is going to work.

What made them think that Reflux was teething?

Apparently her symptoms were easily confused for teething: dribbling, refusing to eat, screaming lots, being very unsettled...It is interesting that you wrote that Gaviscon should either work straight away or not at all because the doctor we saw today said that we should allow some time for Gaviscon to start working. But I think he was just trying to tell us not to expect miracles. Anyway, we've now given her 2 doses of Gaviscon and I think she looks a bit happier and she definitely fed better! Fingers crossed!

OOoh if she seems more settled on it i hope that it is working for you :D

My boy is refusing to eat and shouting lots and biting things at the mo, maybe you have solved my problem for me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back