• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

reflux??

My1stBaby

Reaction score
can someone please tell me the signs of reflux in babies?

Max is 17 days old and brings up some of his milk after every feed, gets hiccups a number of times a day, coughs during the feeds sometimes and at night when i lay him down (after about 20 mins of being upright) he sounds very gurgly and mucusy in his throat like hes trying to clear his throat.....

he doesnt seem distressed by any of it though? just takes ages to settle him back in his basket at night as it soudns like hes choking

xxx

Mmm sounds to me like a mild case! Take him to ur GP! Xxx

i think most new babies have a touch of it at first, especially premature ones cos the muscles arent strong yet and are a bit floppy. it should go away after a few weeks i think but if they develop it later or it gets worse then they need meds.

ok thanks alot bev i might keep monitoring it then, if it starts to make him distressed ill go to GP xxx

keep him upright for a while after his feeds hun and if hes sick often then id go the gp and get some gaviscon just to help him for now. i know im good for a few months once ive had a course of tablets for my reflux cos they kill the acid production and it takes a few months to get back up to bad levels lol

i try keep him upright for as long as possible after feeds i just dont know how long is a good amount of time really. yeah i dont know if his sick is a normal amount, it just kinda falls out of his mouth rather than making him wretch....xxx

yeah they dont really have to retch, it comes up with the acid. if its after every feed id ask the doc for something for it as the acid can damage their throats if left too long

ive rung GPs am just waiting for the doctor to call me back xxx

i got gaviscon this morning so will start that later and see if it helps Alyssa tho now i keep her upright after feeds etc shes been much happier

My LO does this, he's been diagnosed severe acid reflux, he chokes, and he goes blue when he does it. I've just started a thread on reflux if you ladies are interested, thought we could all support each other.

Reflux is a horrible horrible thing, doctors/HV's can be a nightmare & dont know alot about it, we need to support each other as much as we can

xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back