reflexology

confuzed 88

Reaction score
has anyone thought of trying it to induce labour after they've gone over their due date, I'm heading towards going cuckoo if bubs don't turn up so getting desperate..does it work?? one session is £60.. so I only want to do it if its totally worth it xx

I have had a few reflexology sessions throughout this pregnancy and totally recommend it. I got it done last week before my appointment with consultant - I have no way of knowing if it was purely down to the session but I was 1.5cm dilated at 37wks. I pay £35 per session - 60 is very expensive!

But as a whole I recommend you get it done - my reflexologist has a client who always attends her just before her due date and always goes into labour very soon after the session - let me know how you get on!

oh wow. whereabouts are u from?I'm from London..
hubby is trying to put me off it.. I'm getting really desperate now x

i've not had any sessions but my mums fried is a reflexologist and he has had a few women recently who were near/over their due date that have gone on to go into labour soon after!

i have a foot spa which is supposed to push on reflexology points, and was told not to use it till after 37 weeks, so it must do something!

i'd say go for it, if it doesn't get you into labour at least you've had a nice relaxing treatment! best of luck hun x

Hi Confuzed :wave:

I'm thinking of either this or some kind of acupuncture. I was going to cheer myself up by going for a facial or something, but I'm thinking reflexology or acupuncture may be better. Still relaxing, but may get things going too! :)

I'm googling for places in my area now! xx

I'm in two minds... facial and pedicure or reflexology.. I'm scared to drive anywhere by myself now

Well, I opted for acupuncture and had a session this afternoon. It didn't hurt or anything and I actually fell asleep when she left me in the room for a while. She seems to think I need to go back (of course she does ;) ) but I'm not really sure about that. The baby was kicking like mad when she was sticking the needles in certain areas!

I've just cleaned all of downstairs even though it's evening over here (Oz) so I'm feeling energetic! I might even drag the hoover upstairs and do up there too...not sure if this is anything to do with the acupuncture, but I'm feeling a bit better after feeling so down recently.

I know that the MW with the bigger hands is on call tomorrow so I might see if I can go in for a sweep! I'm determined to get this baby out before they induce me. I won't be able to give birth at the Family Birthing Centre if I have to be induced :(

I think you should go for the reflexology as it will feel lovely and you'll feel like you're being proactive in trying to get bubs to shift! :D

Enjoy xxx

my hubby thinks its a waste of money and refuses to drive me there lol
maybe il just have to go for a facial instead, I look pretty wacked out these days.. getting weird patchy skin, and need a pedicure, I can't paint my own toe nails :'(

Confuzed DO NOT let your OH talk you out of it - it is fantastic! It will not do you or the baby any harm - only good stuff! xxx

Definitely go for it! You deserve it! How about telling him a little white lie and say you're having a pedicure when really you're having reflexology. In fact, even better...have the reflexology plus the pedicure so your tootsies are lovely for the big day!

I cut my toe nails yesterday and made a right hash of it! I couldn't reach properly and they look terrible! Didn't even attempt to paint them!

Do you feel too big to drive now or are you scared of going into labour while you're out? I'm still ok to drive, although I don't go too far. Is their a salon/practice near where you live?

xxx

I managed to botch up my toe nails lol I'm scared to drive incase I go into labour and the closest clinic is 35min drive away, there is a woman who can come to my house but she charges a lot more.. hmm duno what to do

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back