Reduced movements

soulem

Reaction score
I've hardly felt my baby yesterday or today. Every so often I can feel a foot in my side, but it doesn't feel much like a kick. Normally my baby goes crazy at nighttime but last night was quiet.

Anyone else got reduced movements at these late stages?? Think I might go to the ANDU tomorrow if tonight is quiet too.

Some days are quieter than others I must admit, but nothing that has overly worried me.

Have you tried having an ice cold drink, some say that gets them moving?

I would get checked out if you are worried, it will certainly put your mind at rest.

Hope everything is ok :hug:

I did try ice cold drinks today, just finished my 4th can of 7up straight from the fridge!! :D Not done anything though!! :(

soulem said:
I did try ice cold drinks today, just finished my 4th can of 7up straight from the fridge!! :D Not done anything though!! :(

TBH that has never worked for me either.

I always have a position that I know will get baby moving and its usually when I'm sat at the dining table or on the computer and if I lean too far forward, baby always moves. Suppose I am squashing it a bit so Its just asking me to move.

Do you have anything like this you could try?

Mine has had days where I hardly notice anything. As I understand it movement can often drop off quite a bit in the last few weeks. I had 3 days with hardly noticing a thing and then it was action stations.

Have you had a lie on the bed or sat upright with your arms over your bump. Chances are you'll feel some movements even if they are gentle. I find gentle pressure or rubbing of my bump usually gets some sort of response, even if only gentle prods back at me. Often I'd not notice them if I was moving round etc, so when at rest its nice to know they are happening.

Do you do your 12 hour kick chart? If you've had 10 movements over the time period then try not to worry overly :hug:

I'm hoping when I get into bed tonight and lay on my side that the baby starts moving then, that is when it usually does the 'belly' dance!! I'm hoping the movements have reduced because baby has descended into my pelvis, but my bump looks the same to me!!!

I haven't done any kick charts with this pregnancy Sherlock, but might try one tomorrow before I panic!!!

It is probably nothing to worry about but if your feeling reduced movement I would urge you to at least speak to your midwife !! It's better to be safe than sorry. :hug:

My baby is a lot smaller than yours....but having a warm bath sometimes gets bubs moving. Thats when I see my belly dance the most, other than lying on my side in bed.

I am sure everything is ok....But if you are at all worried, speak to your local unit or midwife :hug:

Ooo I only just seen this thread! I was going to post the same earlier entitled The calm before the storm?! :twisted:

My LO is very quiet in the past 2-3 days! he has had the odd flurry of movement but nothing compared to before that. Im hoping he is settling down for some proper exit action, saving his energy for the great escape!!! :pray: :pray: I have been doing the kick charts so I know he is making his 10 movements but he sure is alot quieter.

I like Charlies idea of bending forward...James hates this too so he always gives me a wriggle! :lol: Like Sherlock says, if you sit quietly with your hands on bump you should feel baby move. I often just sit and watch mine carefully and I see it move but dont feel it so I think half the time Im just not feeling them.

If you are worried at all though hun and baby really isnt moving those 10 movements then you must call midwife xxxx

mines been very quiet for over a week now im not woried as he does have quiet times hes up all night though hubby says as he keeps moving under his hand!!
one thng to add tough i dont actually feel him moving as such only see him now not sure if that because im used to it or not
so make sure you watch your belly aswell see if you can see anything :)
failing that give baby a good poke
manda xx

Baby been moving today!!!! :cheer: Not much but I've had my mind tuned in to ANYTHING that is going on in there and there is definite movement!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back