Reduced movement......

Mrsjones1209

Reaction score
I went to my 36 week mw appt today and it went fine, we heard our boys heart beat and it sounded all good :)
But she asked me about reduced movement and I did mention he had been a bit quiet but he was still giving me good kicks and punches here and there! And she said his movements will change so I should only worry if he doesn't move as regular as usual!
And as I've come to bed, I've realised I haven't felt him move half as much today as usual at all! :0/ like I said thru the day and just after tea he normally gives me some good kicks and punches and even flashes his bum out for a good rub lol! But I haven't had any of that? :0/ am I thinking about it too much because of what my mw has said or should I phone up in the morning to make sure he's ok? I really don't know what to do! :( I've had such a smooth pregnancy compared to most and this is the first time he's ever really got me concerned about his movements :(

Karlie xxx

I'd always phone! Not worth the risk even though baby is probably completely fine. Have u tried cold water Etc? Xx

Tapatalking. X

I had a bottle of coke before and then lay on my side for a bit, and nothing so turned over to my right and he jiggled a bit, like a tiny flutter almost? I've just had a nice cold ice cold lolly and glass of water but just the same again, very faint movements for about 2-3 mins and a tiny little poke of either a foot or hand? Not sure?

Karlie xxx

I would call its better to fuss for no reason than ignore something xx

Call mw of you're worried hun, that's what they are there for xx

Ill call her first thing then! thanks ladies :) I guess it's best to be safe than sorry! Xxxxx

Karlie xxx

A warm bath always gets my little one moving.. Let us know how u get on through the night xx

A warm bath always gets my little one moving.. Let us know how u get on through the night xx

I'm so jealous! We don't have a bath and I would really love one right now! :( lol!
I will do! Really, thank you girls! Hubbys asleep so he's a bag of uselessness at the mo! I don't know who I'd of turned to otherwise :)

Karlie xxx

Hey my lovely yeah defo phone. They don't mind and as the girls have said its better to be safe than sorry xx

As i know from me.. I always call lol!!

They pros all have a good talk about me when they see me walking towards the reception desk and give me name lol!

But its always best to be safe!

I saw a dr lastnight and he said its not just the amount of movemets its also alot to do with the pattern.
Noah had been quiet for 2 nights running where hes normally a night baby! And that why i called, i was still getting the odd kicks but wasnt anywere near as many as he nornally did and the pattern changed.

I just kept thinking ' i would forgive myself if i didnt go and he wasnt right '
See how tonight does hun and call in morning if he hasnt given u aby good morning kicks.

Hope he gets his wriggle on xxxxx

The midwife told me to drink a small bottle of really cold coke, id always say if ur concerned go see them, wouldnt you rather have your mind at ease than worrying all day x

Hi ladies :)
Hope ur all ok! What a bloody awful nights sleep :( 1)it was too and 2)I kept waking up to give him a little poke or nudge....he gave me sweet f.a until about 6am where he jabbed me right in hip! He didn't move then until his daddy went to work at 7.30 and he spent 20 mins doing god knows what in there, lol! But then I've had nothing again since! He normally gives good pokes and prods and bum flashes to let me know he's still in there thru the day and at night i normally curse as he jiggles about as I can't get to sleep or he wakes me up :( (I feel bad for it now!) Is the fact he still isn't moving as he normally would classed as reduced movement? Sorry for being thick! Xxxxx

Anything that's not normal for you hun, I'd call. They won't mind honestly xx

If its not normal for u, then u should definitely get checked.
They won't mind at all. Let us know how u get on xx

Tapatalking. X

Definitely phone if this is the 2nd day running where bubbas not being himself!

Ive been up 8 times :blush: for reduced movement and they have now discovered that he isnt growing properly so it shows that sometimes it turns out to be something!

Not trying to frighten you or anything and im sure your little boy is fine, but its always worth going if you are worried x

Last edited:
I'm going up to andu for monitoring at 4.15! dont really know why i just burst out crying! lol! im such a dork xxxxx

Karlie xxx

Awww bless ya! Try not to worry Hun! I'm sure baby's is absolutely fine, just comfy. Let us know how u get on later xx

Tapatalking. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back