Red cheeks, should i be worried.....

Laur_250

Reaction score
Last night we noticed Reggie's cheeks were bright red and warm, i googled it and found different possible causes incl. teething and 'slapped cheek disease' which seems to be like a cold??? We coulnt find anything to say we should be really worried though so decided to leave it overnight.

It was gone this morning but just now ive noticed they're quite red again, hes got no other symptoms though other than a very slight possible cold, sneezed a couple times but thats it. He sucks his hands alot and dribbles loads which could indicate teething too.

Should i go to doctors, i know if im worried i should, but is having red cheeks really something to worry over or could it just be from the fact its so cold and we have an electric heater going in the room maybe?

Thanks.xx

I'd say teething personally. If he is bright in himself and not got a high temp then keep an eye. Galen gets really hot cheeks during a teething stage and chews and droops. I give A&P bonjela and wait it out.

wow - just googled it and it sounds exactly like Kaira has. Both her cheecks are red and rashy and it's started to spread to her arms and legs, which is apparently another symptom. I spoke to the health visitor yesterday about it and she said it was just a touch of dry skin :roll:

Sorry to gatecrash your thread.

drea b said:
wow - just googled it and it sounds exactly like Kaira has. Both her cheecks are red and rashy and it's started to spread to her arms and legs, which is apparently another symptom. I spoke to the health visitor yesterday about it and she said it was just a touch of dry skin :roll:

Sorry to gatecrash your thread.

Reggie doesnt have any other rashes, i was just in town and realised it was baby clinic at the docs so popped in and they were quiet so saw him straight away, he was really smiley and they took one look at him and said he was fine its prob just the extreme weather.

I mentioned the fact i'd googled red cheek disease and she said he's have alot more syptoms if he had that, if your LO does have other symptoms i think i'd go back drea b :think: Especially as the rash has spread. If not maybe call the NHS direct and tell them her symptoms. Hope she is ok, let me know how you get on :hug:

And sherlock i think he may be teething too.xx

personally I would never google, it can be innaccurate and scary. For general medical advice the nhs 25 hour line is the best place to go - 0845 46 47

Could be ezcema. That usually kicks in around 4 months in most cases. It tends to starts on the cheeks and if it is ezcema it usually follows behind the ears next. Keep an eye out there.

This is what happened with Sam and the Dr prescribed oilatum cream which seems to keep the worst of it at bay now.

Lisa xxx

I'd go with teething too. Finlay wasn't bothered when his 4 teeth came in but I am positive we have more on the way and his cheeks are bright red just now. You can see them in the dark they are that bad!

Thanks everyone, hes been crying alot and waking more often at night again too so i think its teething as well, i hope so anyway cos its tiring if its not even started yet!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back