Bad skin :(

clarey

Reaction score
Eva's face has loads of little red spots, mainly on her cheeks and chin, which the midwife said to expect, but now I can see them all round her neck and into her hair as well, and she has a terrible dry lumpy looking patch on her forehead too... :(

Should I be worried or is this just a newborn thing? Or is it something I am eating and upsetting her in my milk?

We have our 6 week check on Thurs so I will ask then but wondering if anyone else has noticed this in their LO?

Most newborns have really bad skin as it takes them a good while to get used to their new atmospheres! I wouldn't panick too much unless it starts to blister or become really sore, just bring it up at your 6 week check!
Hope it fades soon for your peace of mind :hug:

Adam had really bad skin too and my HV told me that it was baby acne and dry skin.

It was so bad that I really hated taking pictures of him for a couple of weeks.

The good news is that it cleared up completly within 4 weeks and the dry skin is managed by vasaline.

I'm not sure what is wrong with your lo's skin but as evemarie8 said; most newborns have bad skin and as long as it's not blistered then everything should be ok.

Can I ask what you are using in the bath and on her hair. I was advised to use nothing but water. I didn't like this as I felt Adam wasn't clean so I was given Oilatum for his bath and a soap substitute. They are fantastic and have made a real difference to Adam's skin.

Hope this helps. xxx

Thanks, her face is looking a little better today but its spread round her neck more, I have just been using water to wash her and the tiniest bit of johnsons top to toe on her hair as she has lots, but think I will try vaseline for the dry bits now, thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back