Reassurance

Bee7

Reaction score
All through tri 1 i was a nervous wreck. Because the pregnancy was such a shock to me i never really believed baby was in there. I was so scared before my 12 week scan, my worst nightmare was hearing that baby wasn't there or that there was no heartbeat etc. Obviously i calmed down a bit when i saw him/her with my own eyes but i still find myself worrying.

Does anyone know what the chances of 'losing' baby are after a successful 12 week scan? I know it goes down a lot, but i keep remembering stories such as Amanda Holden's last year where she lost a baby at 6 months. I know worrying doesn't help but i have nearly 5 weeks til my 20 week scan and i don't know whats wrong with me at the moment. I think because i still don't look/feel pregnant i just always worry and think the worst :( xxx

Hi Bee - try not to panic. I think that most of us have/are going through the same.

I was also feeling like you...nervous before 12 week scan, happy afterwards, and then nervous again...its that trange inbetween stage where you don't feel/look pregnant so begin to doubt there's anything in there.

I od't know any statistics, but i'd take a wild guess that they're pretty low....have you got a midwife appointment coming up? My 16 week appointment was great as got to hear heartbeat, so i got a bit of reasurance there was something in there.

Just hanging on now for first feelings of pip, and our 20 week scan

Keep smiling and try to stay positive - I'm a bit of a believer in what will be, will be, so no point getting worked up. You've got so far with no problems, so no reason to expect now anything should go wrong

Sending you hugs xxxxx

Hi Bee, I keep worrying that my son has hurt the baby by jumping up on me, silly I know! Anyway my friend has given me her heartbeat monitor and it has given me so much reassurance when I have a panic, just had it on now, at this stage very easy to find heartbeat, although pretty low down if your searching, anyway it might be worth getting one, I feel better knowing I can check heartbeat myself anytime I want :)

Yes we are all like this. I panic all the time, and get myself worried.

But if you look at how many people there are in the world something like 7 Billion, we all got here the same way.

I think this is the start of being a parent, as I worry 24/7.

I know how you feel Bee, its all so worrying. But the odds are with us now. Have to keep positive hun. It wont be long untill your being kicked to death every night! :D I read somwhere that the odds of miscarridge now are 0.2. Stop reading and thinking about what could go wong! XXXX big hugs xxxx

Thanks girls, glad i'm not the only one! I swear pregnancy is turning me into (even more of) a nutter! xx

I read its something like 3 in 100 babies could be lost up until 24 weeks but don't quote me on that. But this is something you should not be thinking about. I did and I wound myself up so much over it all and got myself into a right state sometimes. This is not good for us mums 2 b. Just try and relax and stay positive. I got myself a doppler but not until 18 or 19 weeks (i think, it may of been later). I very rarely use it now as baby is more active. Once you start to feel baby, this will reassure you, but remember they will still have quiet days. They need these to grow!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back