Reassurance please

s

Reaction score
I'm now 16 weeks pregnant. Had great appointment with my midwife today and heard heart beat. All seems great. About 2 months ago myself and my husband had blood tests to check out for chromosome abnormalities because I have a history of MC. We're still waiting on the results. I rang my doctor this week, who is lovely, for reassurance and she said that if there were any problems they would have shown up on my 12 week scan and for me not to worry. But I feel obsessed about it today because I've been chasing the results.
I just feel neurotic about it.
S

that's awful, you should have had the results within a week of having the tests done.

If you had a needle stuck in your arm you have every right to DEMAND the results. I'd get a bit snooty if it was me!

Kx

It seems these results take ages. I guess the tests are quite extensive and I think it's only one hospital that checks for this sort of thing.
Have decided not to worry any more. Everything feels right about this pregnancy and as my doc said if there was anything wrong the scan wouldn't have looked quite right. And I saw 2 arms and 2 legs;-) And I've got a low risk for downs.
So putting it behind me now.
S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back