Reassurance scans - who gets them?

Littlerayray

Reaction score
Hi all

I've seen some threads on here where people are having reassurance scans at about 7 weeks. Who gets these? I had a misscarriage last year at about 11 weeks. I didn't have a scan on the NHS at 7 weeks last time but wondering if its people that have had miscarriages that get them??

Thanks! x

I think sometimes you can be refered for a reasurance scan if you have had a previous mc, you will need to talk to your GP about this.
I had to have an early scan at around 6 weeks due to server cramping and I have booked a private reasurance scan for 9 weeks costing £90.

Last edited:
I had a few early scans because of worrying, and 2 previous m/cs.
Talk to the ladies at your EPAU, they might be able to help :hugs:

i had mine due to previous MC and anxiety the gp referred me to the EPU, just talk to your GP I am sure it can be arranged!!

I got one when I got bleeding during my first pregnancy. It was an internal one though. I was 8 weeks and it was very hard for them to get a picture.

I'm happy just to wait till 12 weeks......no point in worrying but that's just my opinion. If I had had previous mc or anything "not right" then I would of course get an early scan but at the moment, everything on the right track so I just put it out my head and presume everything is OK....

Quite right Tracey,

You cant see anything untill about 12 weeks anyway. I had mines at 8 weeks and it was the tinyest wee dot - there was no shape to it at all, had to squint to see it - not even worth seeing tbh.

:)

i had a scan on my last pregnancy at 8 weeks and it looked like a grain of rice... much rather wait till 12weeks and actually see my baby!

but if did have worries and really wanted to have a early scan then i would of go to midwife and see what she says!

I would rather wait until 12 weeks too! I had 3 early scans and even at my last one baby was just a blob.

If you're worried then speak to your doc, hopefully something can be arranged for you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back