6 Week reassurance scan?

lb1787

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been posted recently!
I've seen advertised private 6 week reassurance scans and am quite tempted to get one.
I'm quite a worrier and really want to put my mind at ease. My area do 12 week scans as routine but don't know if I can wait!
Has anyone else had one of these recently at 6 weeks? What was it like? This is my first baby so I'm not too sure what to expect!
Thanks.

Hi,

I had one at 7 weeks as I m/c my last at 7 weeks. It was increadible as I saw the heart beating away. I would recommend holding out for a few days untill you are 7 weeks as they will not always find a heart beat at 6 week, but yep, definitly worth the money.

Take care and try to relax.

Becs xxx

hi there and congrats :hug:

as far as i know the early scan will more than likely be an internal scan, i would have liked one for reassurance also.

I would have thought that it would be an internal one at 6 weeks.

I had a scan at 7 and 8 weeks due to bleeding and it did put my mind at ease seeing the heartbeat and that he was in the right place.

I haven't heard of anyone paying for one of these, so can't give any information or advice.

Let us know what you decide. xxx

I had one done then... I wouldn't believe I was pregnant... so went and had a scan to prove it...

It was well worth it... :D

I had a scan at 7 weeks because of bleeding- if its just reassurance your after then it's probably worth the money but you really can't see very much at all just a blob! maybe if you start getting some symptoms you will believe it more- the 12 week one was amazing though and marks a real mile stone. Congrats on your pregnancy

I've got an early scan booked for the 13th Nov (I'll be 8 wks). It's purely for reassurance due to the fact I had a partial molar pregnancy in 2004. I'm sure your GP could arrange an early scan via the NHS if you're particularly anxious. Congrats to you!

I had a 6 week scan due to tummy pains, I had an external u/s and was able to see the heartbeat really well, but sometimes an internal scan is needed as sometimes it's too early to see externally. Not alot to see really, just a flashing blob, as Jen said. I had a picture but nobody could see anything! lol.

I am waiting to hear of I can have a scan at 6 weeks. Have had blood tests for abdo pains and if all is well I shall be offered a scan. Its free, but they will only scan you I believe if you present with a concern or problem.

Had the scan done privately today - it was amazing!!

Difficult to see much at first but the sonographer soon showed us the heartbeat, everything's all as it should be!!

I'm so pleased we had it done, has certainly put my mind at ease!

We did get a photo but not worked out how to post them on here yet (not that much to see anyway!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back