• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reassurance please????

kim83

Reaction score
Hi, I'm just looking for some reassurance - just had my 2nd visit to the midwife and got a temp one as my normal one was ill. She tried to look for the heart beat and couldn't find it, I kept asking if it was normal (I'm 11 weeks + 2) and she didn't really answer me. She just kept saying you will see at the scan on Friday it's only 3 days away. As if that helps put me at ease??? I just wanted to know if anyone has had a simliar experience?? To help me with trying not to constantly worry until Friday!! :wall:

i've not heard my babys hearbeat yet so haven't really had the experirence. i did see it at an early scan i had though.

Try not to worry hun, Im sure you'll be fine. I've heard lots of people say that they haven't been able to find the heart beat straight away. its just one of those things.

Easier said than done, i know, but just focus on having the scan on friday and you'll not only hear the heart beat, but you'll see the baby too!!

I've had that on a two of my pregnancys, this one included, i went to the docs last week and they couldnt find the heartbeat (i was 10+4 weeks) but i saw it on the scan a few days later, I know its easier said than done but try not to worry :hug:

This has made me really angry!

They shouldn't even try and listen for a heart beat at this stage.. it is normally not detectable (unless on a scan) until at least 14 weeks in most ladies.

I really wish they wouldnt try things like this as it just makes you worry. I bought an angel sounds doppler to try and listen at home from 10 weeks and couldnt hear anything so worried myself frantic and then went to GP and he said he wouldnt even try and listen as it wouldnt be detectable at this stage.

That is really bad of your midwife.

PLEASE dont worry I am as sure as I can be that you will be fine and if it wasnt for this loony midwife you would have no worries at all..!!!!!!!

RANT OVER! :D

I agree with Pink - lots of people on here said their MW won't even try to find the heartbeat at the 16 week appointment because it's that hard to hear then. At my 16 week appointment the MW said that she would try but not to get my hopes up because it was still so small. We heard it for about 3 seconds then he dissapeared again (he doesn't like getting prodded! :lol: )

Try not to worry hon, your MW was wrong not to at least try to reassure you a little. You'll have your scan on Friday and see your little bean wriggling away merrily. :hug:

It has made my other half angry too (unfortunatley he couldn't come today!) Prob cos he knows I'm now going to be on edge til Friday! :(
The thing is as well I had a list of questions with me that I wanted to ask but because she was abit of a cow I never asked them! So I'll have to wait another 4 weeks now! luckily she won't be my midwife all the way through I pity the people who do have her!
Thank you to you all for the reassurance though! it has helped more than you know! :hug:
It's a pity that someone in a professional position can't do the same though! :x I'm just counting down til Friday now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back