really worried

babydust

Reaction score
I just received a letter in the post from the hospital, its from the consultant who i seen through my loss, she has made an appointment for me to come in and see her on 24th september, its a bit long away but im worried incase my results are back and its something serious that she couldnt tell me over the phone, it just seems so formal too. I dont know what to do now we are currently ttc again but im now wondering if we should wait incase its something really bad and chance of it happening again.

it might just be to talk about it it could be good news you never no but good luck for it
manda x

That's rubbish, she should have had a chat with you over the phone, can you call back and try and get a phone appointment with her? It's too long to wait and they must understand that. Would your GP have any details or will they keep the details at the hospital?

But on a positive note the fact that the appointment is quite far in advance and they haven't told you anything probably means it won't be anything too drastic or urgent.

Well i just phoned the hospital and spoke to the epu sister and she says that the results should be back by now and she will look them up and call me back with them, i told her about the appoimtment and she says not to worry that due to the nature of the loss the consultant usually calls you in for an appointment to discuss any worries or any treatment, if any is needed, she says its a while away as by then from their experience people can talk about the loss easier when its not so raw.

I feel better after talking to her, she was soo nice, but maybe the letter could have explained this a bit.

So now im waiting by the phone, got a migrain coming on with the stress and dug out an old packet of fags havent had one yet but its tempting

aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
After all that she called and said that the results are not back yet, she will put a note on the computer for someone to call me when thay are in.
I just wanted to put closure to this, i thought it would have been today.
I dont know what to do now about ttc as when i become pregnant again i want to start fresh, i dont want to sit in a consultants room discussing what went wrong before, if that makes sence.

God, so did she say when they might be in? Everything takes so bloody long with the NHS!
But maybe if you stick with your original plan and TTC by the time you see the consultant you may be pregnant again and your happiness at a new pregnancy will rule out the sadness at discussing things – it’s not like the consultant will really tell you anything new, only the results will do that. If there is anything to worry about in the results they should get you an earlier appointment??

& eek, I've had a few fags again and really didn't want to after giving up for over 2 months - it's very hard, especially as I'm drinking again

:shakehead: its so easy to start up drinking and smoking again, i had one cigarette today but really dont want to start again especially if im ttc again

Try not to worry hun,i went into hospital on 10th may and didnt get my appointment though till couple of weeks ago and had to go see my consultant last week,and no problems had come up i think they said they like to see you incase u have any questions and things and they can go through everything with you.

mishm, thanks for your reply, im sorry about your loss, You must have been through a horrible time :hug:

Did you get any answers as to why your baby died when you seen the consultant?

I see myself as still having a loss, but my baby was still alive when i had a d&c, i was told by the consultant that there was no way the baby would survive the pregnancy, from the scan she could see that the baby had heart problems and big chromosome problems, so i know the results will come back with something i just hope that it was just a bad line up of chromosomes and not anything that can happen again.

:hug: so sorry you had to go through that,it must have been awful for you.

They didnt come back with anything,they dont the tests and postmortem on baby and everything came back normal and no abnormalities so was just one of those things :cry: ,which is good that there were no complications but just made me more sad that my baby was taken away for no reason if you know what i mean ?

Anyway i hope it goes ok for you and you get to ask and find out everything you need.good luck hun :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back