Really upset & stressed!

Sunnyb

Reaction score
Well the New Year has not got off to a new start for us. My husband part exed his car to get a smaller car that was cheaper to run & cost less money. I am selling my Mini to get a larger car to fit baby & Joseph in plus pram, shopping etc. We thought with the £1500 we got back from part ex it would help to put towards a car for me. How wrong were we! Bought car from a garage in Warrington & the guy said it'd be serviced before it was collected by us & MOT'd & came with an RAC warranty which we could claim on after 2 weeks if anything went wrong. Car looked good one lady owner from new, good condition, ok mileage etc. Hubby picked it up from work on 7th Jan after work & on test drive they ran out of diesel which should have indicated a bad start. Hubby was last person out of garage & it was locked up in front of him. When my hubby got home he was sick & had headache due to fumes leaking into the car. He put the car into the garage & checked the filter & it was filthy & service book wasn't stamped so it hadn't been serviced. He phoned first thing the next day & said he didn't trust the car & wanted his old car back - the garage said they'd traded it on already (even though it had only been open about 15 minutes).
Called Consumer Direct & they said even if he'd sold it or traded it on we could ask for our money back. Garage said no & that they'd repair the car for us - loads of stuff wrong with it which we listed & then he said there was too much to fix & it was cos of the cars age!
We had car re-MOT'd last Monday by VOSA & they failed it saying it was dangerous. Garage still refusing to accept responsibility & have our old car for sale on their website too - so they are liars!!!!! Now have the stress of starting court proceedings against them.
To add even more stress, my son plays football after school & last Thursday came home minus his kit bag which had a 4 day old pair of shoes that cost £32, school jumper £10, shirt, t-shirt, trousers, fleece jacket & kit bag. This morning i've asked if it has been handed in- but it hasn't so it's going to cost £50+ to replace all this lost stuff.
I could just sit & cry today, feel so upset that a garage can do this to a family & that no-one seems to be honest enough to hand my sons stuff back.

Whatever happened to honesty? Are there any decent people left in this world? (not aimed at the forum folk obviously).
Got my 20 week scan tomorrow, but just feel all this has taken the shine off it & I'm just soooooo sad :(

Sunnyb xxx :wall2:

Hugs!! What a horrible couple of days! Threaten the garage with going to the local paper and threaten legal action! They CANNOT do that. As for your son's kit, unfortunately kids aren't honest half the time they should be. Next time write his name on permanent marker on the bottom of his shoes and across the label of his clothes. Know how you feel bout losing the shine of the 20 week scan. My nightmare and then trip has done that, but I bet when we are there all our cares will just pale into insignificance!

Hope you feel better soon!

Xx

Hugs!! What a horrible couple of days! Threaten the garage with going to the local paper and threaten legal action! They CANNOT do that. As for your son's kit, unfortunately kids aren't honest half the time they should be. Next time write his name on permanent marker on the bottom of his shoes and across the label of his clothes. Know how you feel bout losing the shine of the 20 week scan. My nightmare and then trip has done that, but I bet when we are there all our cares will just pale into insignificance!

Hope you feel better soon!

Xx

Awwww flopsybunny I've just read your post & hope you're ok. The frustrating thing about both of the situations we're in are 1. Joseph's clothes, shoes & bags are all fully named, tagged & labelled. 2. We have Trading Standards involved & have threatened legal action, but the garage just don't care! We are taking them to court & at the moment not naming them or reporting them anywhere else for legal reasons. Once they're found guilty & hopefully we've got our money back we will then be able to take it further.
I don't know whether they just think we'll give up if they keep ignoring us - but it's the principle!
I just want to see my little one is safe & sound on the scan tomorrow & then that's one thing less to be upset/stressed about. I just wonder what the stress is doing to our baby! If anything happens to our little one I will blame the garage for all the anger, worry & upset he's caused.

Good luck for your scan too hun.

Sunnyb xxx

awww sunny thats horrible, I dnt drive so have no idea about ur car situation but is obvious uv been treated really bad and hope it all comes good for u..and i hope ur sons stuff is handed back in ud think if its all named when someone notices they will hand them back to school well i hope for u anyway thts a lot of money to replace it all.

Im sure 2moro when u see ur wee one u will feel so much better :):)

Best of luck sorting it all out. x

sorry to hear of all this rubbish with the garage. although you are taking legal action i would still threaten papers and contact rogue traders. you never know how many more people they are doing this to.

ive been very stressed to but im sure baby will be fine and will make you happy tomorrow at least seeing them again. are you going to find out the sex?

just concentrate on your scan for now. all that truely matters is lo and your family. xxx

Oh no, what a nightmare for you. Garages are awful people to deal with at the best of times. I don't even take my own car in for it's MOT, I always get the other half to do it as they tend to like ripping women off as they think we don't know anything ( which would be right in my case :lol:) . Hope you get it sorted out soon. As for your son loosing his stuff, try not to worry I know its a lot of money to replace the stuff but it just one of them things and the chances are it will probably happen again in the future with many other things, kids are the masters at misplacing or forgetting stuff. Just at the start of the year my daughter lost her ipod! grrr. There is no point getting yourself worked up about things you can't do anything about.

Last edited:
nmf1987 - thank you. We're not going to find out what we're having, very tempted, but we didn't find out with Joseph & it was lovely to ask "is it a boy or girl" after all the hard work.
snr1982 - thanks too. It's hard trying not to get stressed. I'm not materialistic, I've just always been a bit OCD about looking after my belongings! I guess I just have to try using perspective eh? It can be replaced, but it's annoying that they're new shoes. I even called Clarks to see if they would offer a single replacement right shoe, rather than having to pay for both, but they don't (maybe they should).
Lou_1 - thank you too. We're going to give it a week or two to see if everything turns up, before buying loads of new stuff.
This garage will be outed in the end, just don't want to jeopardise our court case. My husband has been dealing with the garage as it's his car, but my hubby is like a dog with a bone & will not let it go now!!

I'm just concerned that the stress has done something to the little one. I'm so hormonal I could go to the garage & smash a window or damage cars (but I'm not irrational or stupid enough to do that & land myself in trouble).

I'll try to load a scan pic up tomorrow when I'm home & know all is ok.

Sunnyb xxx

Hey, you.

I've had car trouble - went through several cars and got totally ripped off by a Gloucester car company called Cathedral Cars who went on to rip off my mates.

I didn't know what to do, though.

Re your son's stuff, if the trainers aren't particular footie ones or anything, insist he has bog standard cheap ones from Tesco etc - they'll look just the same as expensive ones when they are covered in mud. I'd not send my daughter out with anything expensive, specially as when I was a child I misplaced a lot/had stuff nicked a lot. Is what people do. As much as it isn't meant to sound bad me saying this, it is often the child's fault in part when things go missing/are lost - this can help to teach them to take better care of their things. And it won't cost you so much.

I'm sure your scan will be fine, I've been under more stress than ANYONE deserves and had a huge breakdown last week. I'm worried about my baby, except the scan etc have all said s/he's fine.

Deep breath! x

His trainers aren't branded. It's his school shoes he's lost & as he wears them all day 5 days a week & has narrow feet I just feel it's important for him to wear correctly fitted shoes. His uniform (apart from the school jumper which has to have school logo on) is all Asda & supermarket brand. It's just because of the amount of stuff that he's lost that's making it expensive. I know stuff gets lost or stolen & I expect that (last year he lost 2 tops & a pair of trousers) but not all at the same time. I know worse things can happen, but with expense of this & car repairs which have to be done to make the car roadworthy legally it's a lot to fork out. Our only hope is that we win the court case & get the money we have had to spend back.

Sunnyb xxx

Oh poo, re it being the school shoes. I agree with kids having proper ones for school etc. It's the sports run arounds that I'd buy cheap. Startrite etc don't do cheap...

I don't know what else to suggest. Can anyone you know help you out short term with the car probs/some money?

Ahhhhhh things always come in lumps of bad, don't they!

I can't believe what that garage has done to you!! You will have to let us all know how you end up getting on with legal action!! Hope you get it sorted soon so you don't need to stress xx

Thanks for all your support. I will definitely keep everyone posted about the garage. This place needs to be avoided like the plague!!!!
We've put the repairs on our credit card & will ask for cost of interest too which we are entitled to do.
Would have left the car at his garage until we went to court, but as my hubby needs a car for work, it wasn't an option & we certainly couldn't have afforded to by another car. It could take up to 6 months to get the case to court. Just wish it could be resolved sooner.
People like him should not be allowed to sell cars. How do people like him sleep at night? He drives around in his flash car & doesn't care what impact his actions cause on people. He obviously does not have a conscious. I am a strong believer in karma & would live to be a fly on the wall when it all comes back to bite him on his arse!!!!!

Sunnyb xxx

awwwww chin up hun, ive had the same sort of stress full week and its not nice when u are pregnant and hard work,
im sure things will sort them selfs out in time and u never know every cloud has a silver lining? x x

Hi there, sounds like you have had a few pants days. Regarding the Garage you could try Trading Standards, threaten the Garage with that and go to them as they will check in to anything untoward, I am sure they would help. You could find there number on the Net of yellow pages... explain you situation and I am sure they would help, keep all reciepts etc of work you have had done and warranty etc etc.. keep all paper work as you willl have stronger case, lastly,.. court of course.. but trading standards might help you with court!!

School uniform... if the school are not taking responsibility of the football was on there land for example.. then replacing it is something you will need to do, but you should also repoet it to the school... there aren't many honest people out there.. am sorry for you crap at the moment, it will get better I am sure xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back