Car!

Lilelephant

Reaction score
So annoyed r car has been making very dodgy noises for a few days so OH has put it in the garage today! We don't know how much it is gonna cost and the only spare money we hVe is the money I put in savings for baby! :-( hope it's nowt serious

---
-

oh no, fingers crossed for you hun

xxxxx

What is annoy is we bought it off my dad and he keeps asking for the car payment! Seriously! Grr

---
-

I know how you feel hun, our car is making some dodgy sounds, getting worried about how much that will cost!!
xxx

Hope it's nothing serious hun.

My mother in law and sister in laws went to Liverpool yesterday to pick up a new car for one of my sister in laws, they went in my mother in laws car and it broke down in Liverpool! :O I'm not sure what's happened to it but it's definitely a knackered car, needs a lot of work doing to it, I think mother in law will just get a new one because spending money to get hers fixed seems like a waste to me. Two of my sister in laws had to drive back to Wrexham (in the car my sister in law had just bought) and then go back to my mother in law in Liverpool. Her husband is a mechanic so I think they went to pick him up from Wrexham to take him to Liverpool. The car must be totally broke though because they have left it in Liverpool and all drove back home! xxx

Tiff nightmare!
A few hours til we find out :-( crapping myself I don't wanna spend babba's money on my car

---
-

its very frustrating when things like this happen we are the same we have to budget everything and if something goes wrong we are stuffed

its an absolute nightmare!!! yo could go out and spend the babys money now quickly then you cant use that money for the car lol

Half good news we need new real pads. Trailing arm and a new gear box mount gonna cost about 300 quid x

---
-

FX'd its something small (and cheap)
xxxx

£300 isn't too bad.... and i say that purely because of the repair bill i had for mine recently. It was making a funny grinding noise, so i took it to the garage, and they repaired the heat shield for £70. A couple of months later, it started again. So nearly a year on, took it in for an MOT where they replaced the heat shield. Noise not fixed and two days later it started knocking so i took it to Honda to ask them - it was out of oil (oops) and they wanted £6k to replace the engine! My brother's a mechanic and managed to fix for just over £2k and then my stinky OH made me sell it

Oops at no oil we ran out luckily our warning light came on and he managed to save it before engine ruined!

---
-

My light came on for literally a split second after it started knocking! My bro says that the damage was limited which is how he could fix it and that it had some in there, just not enough and that my oil pump had disintegrated and dumped a load of metal in the engine which was part of the problem. I have to tell you, i sat in the Honda showroom and just cried to start with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back