really swollen cervix

lynnireland

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm 13 weeks pregnant and have been having a rough couple of weeks, previous to this everything was going smoothly... Oh well pregnancy does strange things to our bodies!!

My last smear test was literally 3 yrs ago and was due another one, I had been having internal issues with regards to painful intercourse but the nurse said that she wouldn't do a smear as it was too risky, so naturally I was happy to go with whatever was best for my little peach!
So, i knew I was getting a kidney infection and the sample was tested and there was a little blood detected as well which indicates a UTI, however the doc didn't want me to go on any meds as it was 12 weeks and would rather send a swab (as I said i didn't feel 'right' internally) and a sample... this was going to take a week to get a result.

Anyway last weekend i started feeling REALLLY bad, and on the Sunday i tried goin for a walk and felt that there was something internal, high up the vagina that was both sore and big! I had to stop walking and go back to the car... the minute my mother saw me she knew something was wrong as I looked like crap! So, i rang a nurse and told her my spymtons and she told me to go straight to the local hospital.

I got seen straight away and had temperature read and it was high, i just felt really awful and told the doctor my concern with my internals and they did an internal exam there and then. The doc was an intern and once she saw my cervix she immediatley freaked out and called another doc in, i was in agony the internal was excruciating and to be honest myself and my husband were freaking out because we could see the distress on their faces but no one told us anything.. so i demanded an explanation and all they could say is that my cervix wasn't right and that it could be harmful for the baby.. we then exploded into tears.

Anyway, sorry i'm going on here.. was never good at telling a 'condensed' version!
So we couldn't get a scan until the next day and I had to stay overnight, didn't sleep a wink, i was so worried. My gynecologist came to see me the next morning and assured me everything was going to be ok and that firstly he wanted me to have a scan in the EPU (early pregnancy unit).
We didn't have to wait for long (thank god we went private, this is our first pregnancy). There was a younger couple in there before us and the poor girl was besides herself and thought she miscarried. It was so awful waiting in there, the atmosphere was saturated with fear. She came out and her worst fear had been confirmed and to be honest I thought we could be coming out in the same state. The good news is we didn't and the baby's totally ok!!

So later on my gyne told me to go home and that i needed to come to his practice the next day as he had more advanced equipment.

He did the internal, again SOOO sore and did a smear test and took some swabs, he said that the tissue was soft and that was good as it didn't indicate anything sinister... however, the swabs are being sent to America (I live in Ireland) and Dublin and will take up to a month to come back... now this worries me cause I know that smears are not recommened whilst pregnant and I don't know if he is worried and just being nice by trying to put me at ease OR if this is normal during pregnancy??!!!!

God, it's horrible not knowing, i suppose all I can do is be hopeful and give in to time for the next month.

Wish me luck X

i have no advice for you but i didnt want to read and run, i hope everything is ok for you and your baba :hug: take care of you and let your oh spoil you for the next month :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back