• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

really stupid question

roxane 1985

Reaction score
on so i had a scan today and imesured 10 wks,baby measured 6wks 3 days but no heartbbeat could be detected,they want me to go back in a week to see if there is a heartbeat

questions arewhat on earth is the point and has anyone had this where theyve then seen a hb with such a big gap in sizes, as me personally i think they should have just terminated it today and not made me wait another week, i could understand if baby and sac measured the same but there is a 4wk difference

They can't conclude the pregnancy isn't viable until you have had 2 scans a few weeks apart hun.

Sorry you have to go through this.

Is there any chance you could only be 6 weeks pregnant?

When did you test?

They need to make sure hun, they will advise you on the next course of action after your second scan?

I know you were unsure about your dates to begin with - could you be just 6 and a half weeks?

You say "they dated" you 10 weeks but you were measuing 6w 3d? How did they date you 10 weeks?

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
the sac measured 10 weeks, the sac itself was huge but you couldnt see the baby until they did an internal, just wish it was over and done with im so sick,just thrwon up for the second time today,and what for?

They can't conclude the pregnancy isn't viable until you have had 2 scans a few weeks apart hun.

Sorry you have to go through this.

Is there any chance you could only be 6 weeks pregnant?

When did you test?

no chance, i did a test 4 weeks ago so min i would be is 8, the sac measured 10 weeks and the baby measured 6

thank hun

I understand now hun and I am know it must seem so unfair to make you suffer for another week BUT I guess they need to be 100% sure before they do anything.

Also they could be hoping it occurs naturally?

xxxxxxxxxx

she said looking at the scan it doesnt even look like it will happen naturally

sounds like mine this the sac was massive but the baby was tiny compared to wat it should be and i knew my dates spot on they did offer me another scan the day i had my pre op i said no thnx there is no point in prolonging my agony any longer it was bad enough i had to wait the 6 days knowing what i had inside me it was horrible,there also was no sign the pregnancy was failing either so for me the erpc was the only option i wasnt goign to go through another medical managed mc that was gonna fail maybe :-( realy hope ur ok roxane if u need a chat just pm me xxx

I had this issue when i lost mine, i was about 11 weeks in all but the baby died at around 6 to 6.5 weeks and id been under the epu. I too knew something wasnt right and womens intuition has a lot to speak for...
I had to wait a week and go back for another scan, after my last scan they offered me the appointment and it was within a few days. To be fair the hospital were fantastic and all handled very respectively. I felt the same and just wanted it to be over and done with too but they have to make sure.
Hope your ok lovely...
xxxx

She was quite blunt, she said I'm going to have to do an internal but I warn you I don't see a heartbeat. Would have been upset but when I first went in and the scan came on the screen you could clearly see something was wrong

I didn't have to wait and i thinks cruel to make you wait. I would kick up a fuss, you don't need to wait a week. If there is no heartbeat at 10 weeks then its pretty clear. It was the same as me, and its such an awful experience you are going through I hate that they drag it out for so long :hug: they had 2 midwives check my scan, both agreed no heartbeat and measuring 3/4 weeks smaller than it should have. I was given the tables to mc at home there and then (I wasn't taking no for an answer, I knew the process and didn't want to be in hospital). I had had no cramps, no bleeding nothing, so I'd have had to wait weeks for it to happen naturally and although some women do, it really wasn't what I wanted to do. They are doing it to cover their own backs form policies put in place, I think, by people that don't really understand the torte they are putting women through. I'm so sorry this is happening to you hun xxxx

I think you have to have a scan again because of the size of the baby. If it was measuring 7-8 weeks plus then it would be expected to have a heartbeat so if it didn't then they can conclude the pregnancy isn't viable.

But a baby measuring 6+3 would not necessarily have a heartbeat so they wait a week to check.

I hope it isn't bad news for you hun, haven't you had a similar experience before with the development not being as expected and then when you went back the baby was there growing as it should?

:hug: I know how awful the wait is xxxx

i also knew on my tummy scan that summet wasnt right cos i knew for a fact they shouldna been able to see eevrything by 9+4 so wen she said wel do an internal i just knew but didnt wanna think it,it was the most heartbreaking moment in my life i can tell you that even worse than my first mmc but im getting there slowly,they offered me the tablets there n then dysco but i refused only bcos i had those last yr and they didnt work all they did was give me horrific pain and still the sac didnt come away it was horendous no way i was putting my body through that again i hope ur ok roxane xxx

I'm so sorry for your loss. With my mmc, the sac was measuring spot on and the baby could also only be seen internally and was 5/6 weeks when they had stopped growing whilst the sac was like 7 weeks, and kept on growing! My body also didn't want to let go so I had a medical management. Again I'm so sorry you're going through this xxxx

I think you have to have a scan again because of the size of the baby. If it was measuring 7-8 weeks plus then it would be expected to have a heartbeat so if it didn't then they can conclude the pregnancy isn't viable.

But a baby measuring 6+3 would not necessarily have a heartbeat so they wait a week to check.

I hope it isn't bad news for you hun, haven't you had a similar experience before with the development not being as expected and then when you went back the baby was there growing as it should?

:hug: I know how awful the wait is xxxx

well my daughter was meant to be an ectopic pregnany i just happened to have a scan before going to theatre and they found it wasnt, son was a suspected blighted ovum and 6+3 but found at 8 weeks, my kids are a friggin pain before they are even here haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back