Really sharp pain in right side of bump!

Toni_Win

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Woke up at about 3.30 this morning to go for a wee, but by the time I'd walked the 4 steps to the bathroom I was in quite a lot of pain down the right hand side of my bump. Sat on the loo for a while and didn't subside. Tried to go back to bed, didn't help. Ended up having to go downstairs so as not to disturb hubby. Ended up crying on the sofa it hurt so much. The only thing that helped was leaning forward with bump between legs and rocking. Pain eventually subsided after about half an hour. By that point hubby had realised I'd got up and came to find me.

Don't know if it's related but all evening I'd been having rib flare pain, also on the RHS. That's really sharp pain in the rib, just below the breast, but I'd just been putting this down to baby pressing/kicking.

I'm feeling OK now, other than being a bit tired and a little bit tender on that side of the bump. Has anyone else had this?

Thanks.

Hey hun, I remember getting really sharp pains in my bump.. A bit like a really bad continuous stitch. Dr just put it down to position baby was in. If your worried I would get it checked out by the midwife. Hope your feeling better xxx

Thanks, that's what we put it down to last night in order to try and reassure ourselves and get some sleep. Guess I just wanted someone else who'd been through it to say the same thing. If it happens again I'll give the midwife a call, otherwise I've got an appointment with her on Wednesday so will talk to her about it then.

Yeah I know what you mean. I couldn't walk for very long at all after about 30 weeks coz I would get the pain, it would ease it if I pushed on where the pain was or lifted my bump to take a bit of the pressure away xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back