Another pain in the bump!

Hellokitty

Reaction score
Last night I woke up at 5am, I was lying on my right side and I rolled onto my back and got a big pain along the right hand side of my bump. It sort of felt like when you are getting a leg cramp, just before the actual cramp.

The LO kicked me really hard about 5 times! :shock:

I suppose this kind of pain is just a result of gravity and staying in one position for a while?

Just wondered who had had anything similar?

I get this most ights, you just have to learn to try and roll gently and support your bump.

It is very uncomfortable and can be breath taking and it's hard to get used to having to be careful when you're sleepy!

It is normal and as my M/W said it's ligaments stretching and muscle pressure.

:hug:

Thanks Kirly! I will try and be a bit more graceful and lady like! :lol:

The joys of pregnancy strike again!!

I get this in the morning hun.....as kk says its a case of trying to be as careful as possible when you turn over. I get bump & back ache first thing now.......had neither of them until this past week........which has been awful!!

I feel it more in the morning than at night, as I have a support pillow which really helps, but if I try to turn (then have to lug my pillow to the other side) it does ache.

Its just bump getting heavier and stretching.....baby will be putting on between 1-2lbs a week at the minute, so its not necessary growing length ways, but putting on weight, which will make your bump heavier

:hug:

I'm getting all sorts of weird pains (mostly below my bump) and horrendous backache at night. Have not been sleeping well at all :(

The worse pain that I keep getting is this really really mindblowingly painful ache in my calves when I attempt to stretch my legs. I'm assuming its a buildup of lactic acid but its very frightening as it sort of paralyses my lower legs for a few seconds and I feel like I am going to faint from the pain.

Oh the joys of pregnancy :wink:

i am getting alsorts of weird pains lately which i think are growing pains. when i turn over this pat wek i can feel him almost slosh over to the other side. i need to be more lady like too lol

Dinski said:
The worse pain that I keep getting is this really really mindblowingly painful ache in my calves when I attempt to stretch my legs. I'm assuming its a buildup of lactic acid but its very frightening as it sort of paralyses my lower legs for a few seconds and I feel like I am going to faint from the pain.

OMG is this pg related.....right.....c'mon Libby!!! Get a move on!!

I have had this over the past week - along with everything else that has crept up on me over the last week! And it is really painfull :( I am scared to try to stretch my leg out when I wake in the night, but sometimes when I;m sleepy I forget and the pain is unreal!! I was in tears with it the other night, and it is like a parallysis (sp) feels like a nerve or tendon twisting round and sticking - argh!!! I hate it!! I thought I had maybe started sleeping on my leg funny, didn't realise it could be a pg thing :( :cry: It really hurts :cry:

Hi

I get them too just have to be careful when you turn over at night but if your anything like me i dont notice when im moving and somtimes forget im pregnant .
Katrina

Glad I'm not alone on this one then! :lol:

Actually LO had a quiet night last night and I slept much better!

lol @ cloud9 'sloshing about' :rotfl:

Emmylou said:
Dinski said:

OMG is this pg related.....right.....c'mon Libby!!! Get a move on!!

I have had this over the past week - along with everything else that has crept up on me over the last week! And it is really painfull :( I am scared to try to stretch my leg out when I wake in the night, but sometimes when I;m sleepy I forget and the pain is unreal!! I was in tears with it the other night, and it is like a parallysis (sp) feels like a nerve or tendon twisting round and sticking - argh!!! I hate it!! I thought I had maybe started sleeping on my leg funny, didn't realise it could be a pg thing :( :cry: It really hurts :cry:

I had this through most of my pg with the twins! Glad I've avoided it so far! :pray:

probably just jinxed myself!

I often have sharp pains in my sides, like a stitch you'd get after running, and it happens a lot when I go to bed and try to get comfy turning from side to side or when I stretch. It can also happen if I'm sat on the sofa with my feet up on the buffet, and I laugh, and a shooting pain shocks me :shock: but if I bend my legs it goes away :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back