Really scared

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Freya, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Freya

Freya Well-Known Member

When I woke up this morning and went to the toilet had brown blood when I wiped (TMI). This has continued all day but only when I go to the toilet. It hasn't got any better or worse. Went to docs and have an early scan booked for Monday 10.00am so hopefully will know then if everything is alright. Does anyone else know anything about this. should say that I am still heaving all day, still have sore boobs, and need the toilet a lot.
    Please reply

2. Jessika

Jessika Well-Known Member

Oh hunny you must be really worried. I would say it's probably normal especially if there is no pain and the blood is not bright red. You will get everything confirmed at the scan though and that will probably put your mind at rest.

I know it's hard but try not to worry too much over the weekend and if it starts to hurt or get really bad go straight to a and e and demand a scan there and then.

good luck - i'm positive you will be fine xxxxxxxxx

3. Rachael

Rachael Well-Known Member

Hiya Freya

Fortunately for you, very often brown blood is not the blood you have to worry about. Generally its fresh bright red blood that is the scarey blood.
    Usually brown blood is either old blood (Say from Implantation) or down to hormonal changes. I had a browny/pink bleed at 9wks and it turned out to be nothing untoward. It's still scarey though, I know.

The fact that your other pregnancy symptoms have not diminished is also very encouraging.

Lotsa luck for your scan Monday - I'm sure everything will be fine!

4. Freya

Freya Well-Known Member

Thankyou seems to have stopped now anyway so I will just wait and see.

5. Sarahe

Sarahe Well-Known Member

Hi Freya,

I hope all is well on Monday and everything is ok.

Take care Honey

Sarah

x

6. rach

rach Well-Known Member

good luck for monday hun i hope all is well for you xxxxx

7. Ragna

Ragna Well-Known Member

Hiya Freda

So sorry to hear you are so worried but its really common to bleed in the first trimester and like the others have said if its brown blood its old. I bled from 7 weeks until 12 weeks just a little bit but enough to put me in a state of panic. Im now 32 weeks and all is well.

Good luck xx
    Ragna xx

8. Freya

Freya Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the replies. It has stopped now just got yellow discharge (TMI I know!!). Still worried will feel better after tomorrows scan. I will let you know how I get on. Thanks.

9. hayley

hayley Well-Known Member

GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW... HOPE YOU MANAGE TO GET SOME SLEEP TONGHT. AS THE GIRLS SAY BROWN BLOOD SOUNDS LIKE OOLD BLOOD! UNDERSTANDABLE THOUGH TO WORRY LIKE MAD....

X