• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

REALLY scared!!

rosey

Reaction score
Getting more and more scared! I am frightened that giving birth is going to kill me, i have never been in hospital before and doctors etc scare me (even though i am a nurse!) but when its to do with me i get very scared :-(
I dunno if its normal to be feeling like this or not but i really want it over with now...

i think it is totally normal to have some morbid thoughts I get them too some times- I'm consultant led care because I am overweight so I think "omg is childbirth going to kill me?' but then I calm myself time and OH reassures me I am overreacting (no jinxes)

I think childbirth is scary and maybe we overanalyse it far too much and forget women have been doing this forever and in reality there is not a high morbidity rate - technology has come so far and if your giving birth in a hospital you have the best possible care available and all the expertise at hand.

Please don't stress- yes it will be painful, but completely worth it and one midwife said- 'our bodies take over' apparently it is very distinctive

Your not alone in scary thoughts though - today I was looking at my food and wondering how the hell?!

xxxxxxx

Glad it's not just me thinking like this then, sometimes I feel excited about then other times like I am literally going to die from it all! Weird.....

I think your feelings are totally normal but like furbaby says women have been doing this for years :) it is a natural thing for us to do, just make sure you listen to your body whilst your in labour, if you feel somethingyou don;t think is right then say to them.

My nan actually used to say that 'giving birth hurts like hell but it is the best thing a women can do with her life and it is soon forgotten'

Good luck for tommorrow Rosey xxxx

That's a nice thought to think I will defo keep that quote in mind! Nans are always so wise!

Sadly she isn't here anymore but I know that she is right, and to be honest it's the only thing really that is keeping me from freaking out totally :)

xxx

A man my OH works with told him to think of it as a bloke trying to piss a frog!
Im going to have that image in my mind through my birth now so am hoping it will make me laugh and take my mind of it all!
Good luck with it, you'll be fine!
Can't wait to see pics!
X

For me the contractions didn't hurt and I will always tell people they don't hurt, but the pushing bloody hurt.

Just breathe thought them counting to 5 or singing and you will be fine. Be relaxed I read the more oxygen you get to yourself the more the muscles get and they oh want them nice and lose.

And I will tell you gas and air is the most amazing thing in the world and if that doesn't work have the drugs don't worry about asking for them.

Totally normal! When i had my third baby i was over anxious to the point where i almost believed i wouldnt make it through childbirth, convinced i was going to die! I remember thinking of my other 2 children and thinking they'd be left without a mum..very morbid! When i went hospital and they told me they were gunna induce me that night, i was so terrified that i locked myself in the toilet and just cried and cried. You wouldnt have thought that i'd done it twice before!
Anyway, my little girl was born 4 hours later and was a problem free birth!
Try not to worry, i think it crosses most womens mind.
I'm not so bad this time around..trying not to think too much in to it lol.
You'll be fine! Good luck :) xx

:hug:

I remember being scared with my son and thought it would be a bit better second time round, but the same fears keep cropping up.

It is totally natural, but honestly once you're in labour you're so focused on what your body is going through that those fears really are at the back of your mind and you're focused on you and baby.

xxxx

I am soo scared its unreal and have still got ages to dwell on it xxx

Thanks for your support everyone makes me feel lots better :)

Glad your feeling better x Its totally human to have anxieties, especially when it's a life changing event. Just think about looking into your beautiful bubbas face and forget everything else xx

Good luck with your induction hunny. It will all be fine and you'll have your LO in your arms very soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back