really scared dont wanna do it!

topbird said:
it cannot be that bad else woman would not go back for more, and the human race would not exist as they did not have the luxury of drugs in time gone by....

thats pretty much what i was goin to say, in the days where you didnt really have and pain relief they had families of 10 or more children.....

and i'm a total wuss and yet i've signed myself up to give birth for the 4th time it isnt that bad hun :hug:

i reckon toothache is worse, and it bloody lasts longer!!

I was terrified beyond belief, after around 20 weeks, I thought about it every day, sat crying, had moments of sheer terror where I would burst into tears and sob for hours...it was awful. People used to say towards the end "are you excited" and i would answer "no, I am terrified", then burst into tears (very embarrassing for both me and the person who asked me!!! :oops:)

I was 12 days overdue and the extra waiting was torture, I just wanted to hide under the duvet every morning and stay there!! My favourite saying was "Stop the bus, I am getting off" :rotfl: :rotfl:

When I did go in to be induced, I was so amazed at how calm I was, it was like a bizarre dream-I couldnt believe it was finally happening!! After 24 hours on induction ward, they came to get me for labour ward-the midwife said "Come on, lets go have this baby" :shock: I freaked, grabbed the bed and started sobbing, wailing to OH "I cant do this, I am so scared, I want to go home...." He had to practically carry me down to the ward but the moment I was hooked to the drip to speed things up, I was so focused and relaxed and calm. OH and midwife could not believe it!!! I was lucky as I didnt really feel any pain-baby was back to back to it was all back ache, couldnt feel contractions, even though we could see them on the monitor. Even after 9 hours on drip, once they said induction had failed and I was being taken for c section, I was so relieved it was all nearly over-and loved the whole experience!!!

Put your trust in yourself and your baby...try not to be scared sweetie, honestly it is such a fantastic experience, you will be a star, I am sure xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Arrr hun its all really normal to be feeling like this, if you didn't worry you wouldn't be normal. Its really amazing how your body takes over your mind for weeks your worry about the whole birth and pain then suddenley you get so heavy you jusy can't wait to get lo out :? and then when it all kicks off its exciting and you just handle the whole thing :D it will be your time in no time at all i am really excited for you :hug:

:hug:

Trixi,when your sat there holding that baby the pain disappears into the past. You'll be fine. :hug:

You did the dirty deed you have to squeeze her out eventually!!!

Shes reward for everything thats happened to you the last 40 weeks

i might as well face it, i'v got to do it, so wanna get it over with! send me labour dust please!

Ahhh big big :hug:

My Gran told me how she gave birth to my Mum BREECH with no pain relief not even gas and air. :shock:

And she went on to have another 5. So, ok you are right, that does not help but I keep thinking this is the most (ahem) natural thing - our bodies were designed to do it. Meaning other stuff like operations and things are more worrying as our bodies dont expect them.

I know what you mean though, its normal to worry - but think of it as each contraction as a wave bringing you closer to your baby ( I been reading FAR too many books :? )

Good luck honey and give us some words of wisdom after you done it and got the medal (and a gorg baby!!) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back