really scared dont wanna do it!

trixipaws

Reaction score
i'm over 38 weeks pregnant and i cant wait to meet my princess, but i'm frightened of giving birth. every nite it takes me at least an hour to get to sleep coz i cant help thinking about it. i try to think of other things but cant! its only really at nite it bothers me. i kno everyone says u forget the pain, but that doesnt really help- i'll still hav to go thru it!
i kno if i chose to go to hospital i could get an epidural and stuff but i really REALLY dont wanna go to hospital, and the idea of having something stuck into my spine (and might not work anyway!) is even worse!
and i dont think doing that would make me any less petrified anyway so i'm still sticking to my homebirth plan and at least i kno i'll be in comforting surroundings.
grrr i just wish i could get over this fear and enjoy my last few nites of good sleep, coz i wont be getting any when she's here!
is anyone else scared or am i being pathetic?

I think I had a branston hicks last night, and after that I just couldn't sleep as it just reminded me of birth and labour. I'm terrified.

You will be just fine trixipaws, trust your body and your baby, they both know what they're doing, you just need to do whatever makes you feel comfortable and be with positive people who will help you feel relaxed, you're princess will be here soon, focus on that first meeting, sending lots of smiley, comfy thoughts your way :hug:

budge said:
tough!! shes got to come out now
thats some bedside manner u got there budge! :rotfl: actually it did make me laugh so thanku!

leckershell said:
I think I had a branston hicks last night, and after that I just couldn't sleep as it just reminded me of birth and labour. I'm terrified.

I think you mean BRAXTON hicks :rotfl: :hug:

:lol: Branston Hicks :lol: aw ;)

I'm terrified of labour too, don't stress cos most women do get worried, especially the first time.

Just go with the flow...there are pain relief options so if things get really bad you can just demand one of them ;)

You'll be fine!!

Good luck with everything trixi, I'm terrified too, and find it hard to sleep. And I've got weeks to go. The whole pregnancy thing just isn't for me I guess. But I'm sure it will be fine, everyone says that once it's happening you just go with it - i suppose because you have no choice.
I would like a home birth, but live too far out for the midwives to allow it. It takes over an hour to get to my designated hospital! So I've got visions of me having him in the back of the car!

Big :hug: to you. You'll be fine.
Piglet xx

aww it will be ok, just think the pain vanashies as soon as its born, and you can enjoy.. and as budge says.. Tough its gotta come out now lol :hug:

i know its so easy to say but try not to be scared, the fear will make the pain so much worse. Focus on the positive side of the pain, every contraction is a step close to the end, to holding your beautiful baby. Mrs T, remember her? hmmmm... she gave me some useful tips like recieting the times table through each contraction. it takes your mind elsewhere, it wont take the pain away but it will stop you focusing on it.

i picked up a useful leaflet about the mitchell technique of physiological relaxation. im going to get to grips with this so hopefully i can handle the pain better

it wont be long until you are holding your baby and all that pain will be behind you :hug: :hug:

Everyone is scared - not just the first time, either! Its my third, and as my best friend says, the first time you're scared coz you dont really no what to expect - after that youre scared coz you do! :shock:
Then, of course, you get teenage daughter (in my case) saying really helpful things like "Wow Mum, how are you going to get that baby out of that tiny..?!" :shock:
Thanks lovely daughter, really helpful!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Seriously, just take every day as it comes and when you start getting scared think along the lines of "cant do much about that" and try to find something to do to take your mind off it. You will do fine on the day, I promise. :hug: :hug: :hug:
L

i know how you feel hun, i do the same thing at night too... i'm not going to say it's going to be alright because i hate it when people say it to me...

but just know lots of women do it all everyday and even with out all the stuff we have to day, but your in good hands

:hug: :hug:

Hi Trixi
It is scarey but......what goes up, must come down :rotfl:
You will be fine honestly, I had these fears the other week but, the further along you get the more you want it to happen just to get it over with.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: It's normal to be a bit scared Trixipaws :hug:

Just remember millions of women give birth every day and they all cope. I'm sure you will be fine when it comes to the actual thing. You won't have time to be scared, you'll just have to get on with it. :)

Having an epidural is no big deal, or at least I didn't find it one, and it's only done to help you with pain so it's kinda like worth the effort (no pain no gain etc).

:hug:

Aww hun i'm the same too, but i know she's gotta come out. I just keep saying i'm looking forward to get the twinges and then i'l know it wont be long b4 she's here. Big :hug:

I know easier said than done by try not to worry. I actually like giving birth :) you might do too!!

If I think about it, i get all emotional and start crying. This is why I have opted not to go to antenatal classes , as I would just sit there crying.I will deal with it when it happens. my midwife told me that all will be ok, all you need to do is follow the midwifes instructions and I will be fine. This I believe, dont worry, you will be ok :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi

I agree every one gets real nervous :hug:
It will be ok and just go in with a good attitude and it really does help, good luck
Katrina

I know what you mean...

I go through phases. Sometime I actually find myself really looking forward to giving birth, other times I cannot imagine it is actually ever going to happen, let alone in 9 weeks.

But mainly it scares the %^*% out of me too!

I keep on telling myself it cannot be that bad else woman would not go back for more, and the human race would not exist as they did not have the luxury of drugs in time gone by....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back