Really painful nipples

DW1978

Reaction score
I remember having sore boobs with Lennon but it was gone after 2 weeks. My boobs this time round are still so so painful. Jax is a really lazy sucker, I have so much milk he can literally suck the centre of my nipple and get what he needs still. One of them was bleeding, so I went to bf clinic and they helped me to latch him on properly but now I can't seem to get him to open his mouth wide enough. Sometimes I'm in tears feeding, I'm considering expressing and bottle feeding but I really don't want to.

Jax will only settle to sleep on the boob too.

I tried giving him a dummy a few days ago but he just kept spitting it out.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

It's really worth getting the latch right - if he's not opening his mouth far enough, you could run your nipple down over the tip of his nose and onto his top lip - I found this made LO strain to reach a bit more, making his mouth open wider.

Has your LO been checked for Tongue tie?

in the meantime, hopefully practice will make perfect! Definitely keep going to the support group, and slap on some nipple cream!

Don't worry about him only settling on your boob, this is what is natural to him - just concentrate on getting the latch right, and your nipples pain free for now.

I do feel for you, I remember how tough it is in the early days, but you're doing the best for your baby, and I PROMISE it gets so much easier xxx

Last edited:
Exactly what inky said.

Try lanisoh cream, you can get it from
John Lewis or waitrose. And really concentrate on the latch. It's he only thing thR will make it better.

Keep at it, you're giving your baby the best xxx

Lilyanna does the same and she is tongue tied.. Try nipple shields they were a godsend for me! And now I can feed her without them after a week using them :)

I had the same problem with Georgie hun. She was lazy in latch because I had so much milk! I was so sore, much worse than when I fed my son.

The only advice I can give is keep taking baby off and relatching until it is right (does not matter how often you have to do it each feed) it's worth doing it now and saving on future pain. Don't just pull your nipple out while they are sucking tho pop your little finger in the corner of their mouth to get them off. Also the cream mentioned above is amazing stuff.

If they will take a bottle - I found getting OH to give a bottle of expressed milk in the evening helped give my poor cracked nips a rest!
Good luck hun xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back