really painful when feeding

JoS

Reaction score
One of my boobs is really painful when feeding, its been like this for a couple of days. I thought it was cos my nipple is a bit cracked but uses loads of nipple cream and its still really painful. Today i've noticed that it feels really hard, like its full of milk but even after he's fed from it its still really hard.
I would go and see my doctor but i've just left home to go away for the weekend.
has anyone else had this?

Sounds like it could be a blocked duct.

A warm shower will help relieve some of the pain. Try massaging gently this should help clear it. Most importantly feed as much as possible from that side until it's cleared.

I never had to suffer with this so hopefully someone with a bit more experience in it can help more :)

I got rid of one yesterday in a matter of hours (there's a thread below) I pretty much constantly massaged the lump, pumped it, massaged it under a hot shower. Feeding in different positions like laying down (or what cleared it yesterday) rugby ball hold. If I still had it at night I'd put a hot water bottle on it then massaged everytime I woke up for a feed. Good luck!

What the others said. If you notice you start feeling ill or have a temperature it could be mastitis so I beleive you need meds to clear that up. Hopefully it is just a blocked duct! Xx

As above really! Not nice, hope u manage to clear it! xx

Thank you, I massaged it loads and expressed quite a lot and it does feel a lot better. It still hurt this morning when I fed him, but not as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back