Really need some advice and reassurance

Mrs_B1981

Reaction score
Hi girls,

My LO is 3 mnths tommorrow and has been BF since birth (give or take the odd emergency formula bottle when he was first born just for my sanity as my milk was coming through). In the past week he has become really fussy on the boob, latching on and pulling off constantly. Its really tiresome. He also now is doing massive projecile vomits after 9 out of his 10 feeds. This morning in his vomit there were bright yellow flecks of something which concerned me. Despite all this he remains a very happy, kicky baby. If he does cry though its his painful/hurty cry. Ive noticed this morning also his cheeks have flushed up. I wonder if this is all the first signs of teething? He is dribbly and chewing on anything and everything you put near him.

My HV is coming tommorrow to weigh him and do his 3 mnth check so I'll ask her, but I thought id also ask here because you guys give such good advice! :)

I haven't a clue about the sick or yellow bits - let us know what HV says, I'm very intrigued. I also don't know about the latching on problems, but didn't want to read n run. Lily is all about the drool and hands (and anything else she gets hold of) in her mouth too and I don't think she's teething so that might just be a phase rather than him teething x

It could be reflux hun, your HV will be able to advise better, if the HV is vague just talk to a GP.

He might be refusing to latch on because feeding is causing him acid reflux and it's obviously hurting him.

The yellow flecks could be bile.

Babies are sick, but shouldn't be sick after almost every feed, well possitiing but more should stay down than comes up if you get what I mean lol

Excessive drooling is a teething sign, but it is also a sign of infant reflux.

You can get infant gavison on prescription.

Let us know how you get on when spoken to HV.

Last edited:
Well the HV came and she told me it is wind and I need to change my BF position! She also said the bright yellow stuff was mucous! Mucous that yellow? I think not! His weight is fine however and yesterday he only vommited once. If it gets bad again tho he's going to the DRs!

Our HVs here are useless, they never even offered an opinion on anything when I used to have questions lol At least your attempted an answer I guess, but yeah mucous? Don't think it sounds like mucous lol

But he's gaining weight which is the main thing. So hopefully it will be something that he grows out of soon.

xxxxx

Devon started playing about with his BFeeds at about 4 mths, and all the other mums I have talked to that BF, said theirs also started mucking about and drinking then turnning away etc at about the same age and it's what made them give up! He actually has calmed down a bit now, I ust feed him somewhere less noisy and ask the kids not to come over and talk to me etc , less head turning then!

Do you wind halfway through? Devon is sick when I move him (pick him up under arms) immed after the post feed wind, always gets my jeans!! maybee twice winding will prevent big build up ? or not moving him for a bit to let milk settle more?

Hope he stops being sick soon X

JJ Mum- I always used to sit him straight up for a wind post feed, maybe I'll stop that now! I can't wind him mid way through as he really screams blue murder till he latches back on!
I also can't see it being our position that is wrong as we haven't changed position and we're only getting this problem now!
Maria-i just smiled and nodded when she suggested it was mucous. Being a nurse I'd freak out if any of my pts had mucous that colour let alone a baby!
We managed no vomits yesterday so my washing pile remains small, JJ Mum, its also my jeans which get it! :D

Well the HV came and she told me it is wind and I need to change my BF position! She also said the bright yellow stuff was mucous! Mucous that yellow? I think not! His weight is fine however and yesterday he only vommited once. If it gets bad again tho he's going to the DRs!

My LO had the same love. I was worrying out my mind about the yellow flecks but it really was just mucus (the green mucus we're used to seeing is green if there is an infection and in my LO's case there wasn't so it was little yellow flecks).

Try feeding him leaning back so your flow isnt as fast. It worked for me and the sickness stopped.

I've started to lean back more and it has settled him slightly. Only problem is, I got a back injury at work doing CPR about 4 years ago and so if I sit lean back and compress my lumbar spine for to long I'm in agony! Paracetamol doesn't cut the mustard :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back