really need help

XbabygirlshelliX

Reaction score
hey does anyone in this forum have a staffy or had one i aquired one on sunday 8 weeks old cos im to soft n never ever say no n so far im getting stressed it keeps making my other dog yelp cos of it biting her but yet theyll sleep together n stuff my other dog has gne for it a few times n plays with it aswell n it keeps biting my hand n stuff doing my head in but were its 3rd owners so i feel real guilty am actually sat crying at the thought of getting rid cos its nt her fault the other owners decided they didnt want her x

i will check with a friend (dog trainer) and get back to you

awww u r the best that is just what i need as ive become attached to the lil girl n iam like her 3rd owner but she sees my oh as top dog its jus annoying when winds up my other dog n trys n bites me lol xx

sent you a pm hun basically you need to show it your the pack leader:) and its not learnt k9 etiquette rules

The puppy is way too young to learn the rules, you can start trying to train her by telling her NO very firmly and tapping her on the nose at the same time, also crate training. Do you have a crate for her ? Your other dogs will tell her when the biting is too sore or they dont want to play at the time, and show her who's the boss, so you shouldnt worry about that unless your other dog's seem like they will actually viciously attack her.

As for the puppy being re-homes 3 times already and she's only just over 8 weeks old, that's disgusting. She should never have been re-homed untill at LEAST 7 weeks old and made sure she is fully weened from the mother and coping on dry foods and water. Whoever had the litter and has re-homed her way too early should be reported as that is like neglect.

I love staffordshire bull terrier's and have two of my own and just had a litter of 8 puppies, that are all in there new homes and kc registered, fully vet checked, vaccinated and doing absolutely brilliant on the dry food and water. Every person who came to view the puppies were also vetted very very thoroughly before we even let them think they would be going home with a puppy. We also have everyone's names, addresses and phone numbers to be kept up do date on the puppies as they grow up.

Anyway, as I said, she is only 8 weeks old, she doesnt know right from wrong yet and wont for a while, all you can do is buy a crate, and when she bites and does anything bad then you tell her firmly NO, Bad Dog and go from there, but also when she is good make sure you praise her straight away by petting her and at the same time telling her she's a good girl.

Make a pregnancy ticker

thankyou i think she has been rehomed to early aswell n its mainly cos im going off my other dog who was a pleasure to bring up only messed once n never chewed nething she learned so fast was brilliant n i agree that is why i do not want to get rid of her as its whoever bred her n let her go early's fault not hers she just going from what she knows n no i dont have a crate hun never used em :) x

this is sandy lou (light brown one) and suzie black one x

Attachments

• IMAG_0032.jpg
    IMAG_0032.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMAG_0015.jpg
    IMAG_0015.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 3
nice looking dogs , hard to tell from a pic but id say that pup was a bit older than 8 weeks old
here's a pic our two , and two of the pups at 8 weeks old

mum
DakotaRemix.jpg

dad
CIMG1254-1.jpg

pups at 8 weeks
106-4.jpg

305.jpg

i was just going to say thats not an 8 week pup you and your other dog can teach it dog etiquette will just need time and a firm rule system and dont feel sorry for the dog it will pick up on this, in the words of ceaser millan you need to become the pack leader :) when mine plays up i usually touch just behind his front legs in a quick movement (not enough to hurt him just lightly touch) and make a tsssss noise it refocuses him, here is my boy
20091013_77.jpg

20091013_63.jpg

20091013_49.jpg

they are gorgeous!!! n u think i got told on sunday she was 8 weeks so cud easily be 9 now but she is only small :) i think they gunna get drift as i cant get rid her now shes become part of the family! :) il keep doing the saying no n putting her in her bed when she misbehaves leaving her when shes annoying my other dog n yelping as such when she bites my hand u are all brilliant thankyou for this x

might just be the pics but she looks big :) just keep at it any dog can become a well behaved balance dog with the right training :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back