Sleeping in Cot/Moses Basket

Kiranxxx

Reaction score
Hi,

My LO will not settle in her Cot or Moses Basket in the evenings and night time.

She seems to fall asleep on my shoulder and as soon as I put her down she's up again, this can go on all night.

Has anyone else experianced this and is there anything I can do?

Hiya , I experienced this with my LO She would fall alseep in my arms as soon as I put her down, PING her eyes would be wide open crying her eyes out, usually this was at 11pm, 12am, 1am 3am or 5am and would go on for hours, but if she fell sleep during the day, nothing would wake her!!! Everyone told me to not put her down to sleep during the day in her moses basket so she knows it is for night time only and I also put her in a sleeping bag rather than a blanket, I resorted to sleeping on her bedding so it would smell like me, and to just percivier eventually She started sleeping through from 12-7 at 5 weeks, and has only gone better since, I think some babies like your arms or shoulder and know when you have put them down on something.

She's probably a bit too young for controlled crying but the only other thing I could suggest is swaddling? Or making the cot/moses basket warm for when you put her down? Get your OH to put a hot water bottle on it while you rock her to sleep? We swaddled Ryan til he was about 4 months cos it was the only way to get him to sleep :wall:

That probably doesn't help, but hope it really is that simple for you and things improve. xx

amber was like that but it didnt help that she had colic...we would put her in her moses basket and rock her until she went to sleep in dim light...then gently walk upstairs that went on for at least the first 8 weeks untl it all calmed down.

I persevered with a night routine after advice from people on here and she has just fallen into a good routine sleeping most nights 8/9-8.

Her age probably isn't helping hun she may like the closeness that you offer maybe swaddling as shell suggested is a good idea?

Adam is like this and he sleeps in bed with us now. I have given up trying to get him to sleep on his own. I am just too tired and want some sleep.

Our problem extends to day time as well as he wants to be held at all times. We are lucky if we get 10 mins during the day where he plays in his travel cot by himself.

I am hoping find out more about the controlled crying and maybe try that when he is older, but until then, I do anything so that I get some sleep. xxx

Thanks.

Last Night she was ok slept in her Cot all night and didn't play up.
I think I'm going to stop putting her in my bed for now cause that's the place she prefers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back