Really hungry baby...

HeppiBean

Reaction score
Ok, when Francesca was 4 weeks old we made the decision to put her on to Aptamil Hungry Milk as she was draining bottle after bottle and always looking for more. Since she's been on hungry milk she's still having much more milk than the HV says she should be, but she needs it!

As I'm living with my parents now, my Mum has suggested starting her on solids as the last few days she's been having 9oz bottles through the day with 2 bottles (together) equalling 15oz mid afternoon...

I really feel for her cause she is always so so hungry :( Do you think starting her on some rice now would be ok?

Apaarently my brother and I were both started at about 3 1/2 months cause we were super hungry, so really she'd just be taking after her mum... lol

But seriously, could do with some help here :/ xx

I personally don't see a problem starting her on some baby rice. You know her better than any HV and you can always stop if she doesn't take to it well, just my opinion though x

Owen started solids puréed food at 4 months def helped with his hunger xx

How old is she? I can't see, on phone!
Tbh I started my daughter on purée's at 3 months and it didn't do her any harm. Apparently early weaning can cause allergies etc but my daughters not got any and is very healthy.

I started weaning both the boys at 3 mths too and they r both fine !! Will do it again this time if Rhea needs it I've just started her on the hungry milk !! Xxx

My friends baby was like yours. She started weaning him on baby rice at 3 months old too and he was fine with it, he needed it and it really helped to settle him. He's now 7 months old and eating solids no problems at all. He's been fine. Just follow baby's lead I say. My OHs nephew was weaned onto baby rice at 9 weeks old coz he was draining 9oz bottle one after the other and still crying for more!

Thanks girls :) I have given her some rice and she's fussy with it but it is helping with her hunger :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back