really embarrasing breastfeeding question

Lyn_no3

Reaction score
well here goes, when preg with my first my boobs grew obviously n when i started breastfeeding one seemed to grow more than the other, didnt think much of it then had my second son and breastfed him for alittle longer (3months) and again one boob seemed to get a littler bit more bigger than the other :oops: the same thing happened with my 3rd son but this time it seemed a\ really obvious difference in size :oops:

anyway the thing is i really want to breastfeed completely for at least 6 months this time but am convcerned that maybe the reason one boob grows morethan the other is cos it produces more milk and therefore i should offer that side at every feed to fulfil the baby??

am i just a complete weirdo?!? and do i have to give up my ideas to breastfeed as a result of this? :oops:

Certainly not, generally one side is favoured more by the baby and will often get a fuller feed from that side, but in no way should you stop feeding from the other side or you will be even more lop sided!
Alternate between each side each feed.

I have had one boob very noticably bigger than the other for most of the pregnancy. The midwife says it is fine and normal, particulaly if one is slightly bigger than the other in the first place.

One of my boobs is alot bigger than the other, having one bigger than the other will in no way effect your chances of bfing :)

Both your boobs will poduce the same amount of milk, just make sure you reg feed your baby from both.
Your baby will have a boob they prefer lol, but just equal it all out, or use a pump on the one LO dont really feed from, then you have some milk in the friegde too for bottles if you want to use them.

Hi

I found when i BF Kiara i had one bigger then the other she favoured one side as well .
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back