Really concerned!

babyroo

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I really need some advice, sorry this might be a bit long.
My little girl is 3 weeks 3days old and sleeps in our bedroom in a moses basket next to our bed. She seems to be very sleepy over the past couple of days and I'm pulling my hair out worrying about it. This has been the last couple of days :
Wednesday: She woke twice in the night 3 am fed for an hour (she does fall asleep on breast but I do wake her up) then woke again at 5:45am and fed on breast on and off til about 10 and then was hungry about 45mins later so topped her up with her formula. She slept then from 11:30 til 3:30 fed again for 1hr 30mins and then went to sleep again til
7pm woke up and fed until 9:30pm. She then slept until five, I usually have my alarm set for 5hours after last feed but unfortunately something is wrong with it and did'nt go off.
Thursday: 5am Fed until 7:30am when I had a shower for was about 20-25mins away then she started feeding again until about 9am fed on and off for hour and topped her up with formula (she had 3oz out of 4) we then went out to my parents she fell asleep in car this was about 11:30am and I woke her up for nappy change at 1:15pm and she then promptly went back to sleep until 3:30pm she then had 3oz of expressed breast milk and a bit more on the breast and had another snooze until 7 when she fed on and off until 11:30pm (in this time she did have a few little dozes and an half an hour nap) . She then slept through til 6:30am this morning (thought I'd fixed alarm but had'nt) now she fed on and off til 8:30 and then went back off to sleep and is still asleep now.
I'm really worried that because I did'nt give her night feeds for two nights I've made her ill. Checked her temp which is normal and yesterday she had 3 poo's and lots of wee's . This morning her nappy was wet but not quite as much as normal, having said that she did wee a huge one all over me on her change last night before bed.
Have I made my daughter more sleepy , is it okay for babies of this age to sleep through the night. Really worried and my health visitor has fridays off.
Thanks
P.S. She had a good weight gain of 11oz when she was weighed this week.

if she is gaining weight and weeing, pooing normal, then she is prob fine.
there are other places to phone for advice, nhs direct.......didnt hv give you any num bers?
if you are worried she isnt feeding enough, try waking her every 3 hrs, she will develope a better pattern
dont know if anyone on here has any other suggestions......

I agree with Suzy, if she's weeing & pooing regularly and gaining weight then she's probably fine. I fed on demand from day one, so if Austin didn't wake up in the night for a feed he didn't get one.

Newborns sleep a lot, so she may appear drowsy a lot of the time.

If you're really worried, she stops having wet nappies or her temperature goes up, call NHS direct (but be warned they'll probably send you to hospital simply because she's so little and they like to err on the side of paranioa!)

I'd say it sounds like you're doing a great job though. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back