Ahhhhhh What a night!!!! (soory looong post)

Daggers

Reaction score
Need some reassurance, mainly from BFing moms- please note that I'm NOT having a dig a formula feed baba's by any means, it's just that Otis has only ever been BF and therefore other BFing moms might be able to identify what Otis has been going through. Last night put Otis down as usual just before 7pm (he had his 4oz bottle of EBM), 30mins later he woke up so we gave him his dummy and he went back to sleep. He then woke up again nearer 10pm, so I fed him and he was back in bed asleep nearly an hour later - seemed a bit restless, more then usually. He then woke again at around 1:45am at which time I fed him and spent ages tring to get him back to sleep, finally got back to my bed near 3am. 30mins later he was up again!!!! Went in and gave him his dummy and went back to bed well this went on till about 4:30am when I'd had enough so I went through the check list - changed nappy, took temp (was fine), fed (he drank a bit) and then finally he went of to sleep at around 5am!!!! He then slept through till 7am when he woke up crying almost inconsolably!!! It took me some time to settle him before he would take some breast milk, I then put him in our bed until he got up around 10am (he did wake once before then around 8ish can't quite remember I was so zoned out! I think he did take some BM then!)
Anyone can't relate to this? Is he teething do you think, he has been quite off colour lately but this has definately been the worst, he normally wakes twice in a night ( :roll: ), which is a pain but heyhoo!

Oh poor little Otis and poor you too! I hope someone helps you soon. It does sound like teething doesn't it?

I hope yo9u have a better night tonight :hug:

Hi Daggers

You must be shattered. It could well be teething (I found Ashton and Parsons powders very good at calming Olivia when she seemed to have teething symptoms). Is he able to get himself to sleep? Olivia always had to have either boob or dummy to get to sleep and after many nights how you describe with the constant wakenings I did some controlled crying. Not everyone's cup of tea I know but it worked for us and at that point I took Olivia's dummy away as she would wake when it fell out of her mouth (which it did when she fell asleep). I didn't do the controlled crying until she was 6 months old and i have a feeling wee Otis is younger than that? Do you swaddle him? is he going through a growth spurt? Is he clingy to you?

hey hun how are you? Awww poor little Otis bless him, I think from when you say he was crying inconsolably its teething has he got one about to cut? Alfie has one just under the gum and when he came home yesterday he was screaming for 3 hours, i tried feeding him etc (bottle) but i think that alot of why they take the food is because its warm and comforting especially if otis is at the breast itll be soothing to him too, another thing was Alfie had the combined problem of being really constipated (own fault should of remembered that water at mums was hard) when he came back from my mums so we tried everything juice on finger water, water with brown sugar cycling legs rubbing belly, nothing got it shifting so ian went to p-harmacy to see if there was anything and he gave him a thing called glycerol, could it be that at all? sorry if no help hun im just trying o think of thinthat effect Alfie in similar way, maybe the waking up could be hes trying to go for a number two or his teeth r waking him up

Hi Daggers, I really feel for you & your little man. Katy's teething at the moment & shes all over the place.....she has most of her feeds at night at the moment - JOY!!

I can't tell you when it will settle down, but I do understand & its really hard, especially the nights. Don't forget we are all here for you, when you're shattered & having a manic moment you know where we are!! :hug:

(Chances are we will be feeling the same & we can all moan together!!)

Hope Otis feels better soon hun xx

Hey Daggers; poor you & poor Otis. I think it sounds like he is teething also. As Lucy said, maybe try the Ashtons and Parsons powder, I have heard great things about it.

I hope things settle down for you and sending you big hugs :hug: :hug:

Poor Otis and poor you! As well as the teething possiblity could he be having a growth spurt? I can tell when Thea is because she feeds a few times during the night and normally she sleeps through.

I hope things get better for you soon hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back