Ready or not....he's coming out on 26th June!

Kimberly

Reaction score
Unless he decides to come early that is ! :lol: I'm due 1st July, but I've been booked for a C-Section on 26th June. I'm kind of excited to know exactly when he is coming, but a little bit nervous about the procedure.

I read in the leaflet the hospital gave me that if the mother wants to, they will drop the screen once they have made the incision so that she can see the baby being born. I didn't realise that they do this. At first I thought...no way! I don't want to see myself cut open, but now I think that it might be nice to see him enter the world. What would you do?

Has anyone been offered this option and what did you choose?

Glad you got a date for your section hun, i did think you had the option of having it down, not sure if i'd take it or not, lie you said i'm not sure i'd wanna see myself cut open!

I've also added you to our June baby list, only fair now you'll be a June mummy :cheer:

www thats a good date!! My wedding anniversary!!!

Hope it all goes smoothly for you!

I wish I had the option of dropping the screen. Well I probably did but I didnt even think to ask lol

I'd probably want to see it! But you might not feel up to it at the time, so I'd probably have a brief think about it and decide when you're there.

But wahey on knowing the date you'll be meeting your LO!! :cheer: That's amazing!! You can get properly prepared now :D xx

Congrats on getting a definite date :cheer:

I am hopeless with blood but I saw a picture (I think on here) of the moment when a LO was pulled out during a C-section and it looked amazing! I would definitely look. However I think it is probably a decision best made in the moment, only you will know how you feel then :hug:

congrats on the date, hope all goes well

Hi hun,

I was not offered this option but looking back now I wish I had requested it.
You will be lying down so will not see much/if any of the cut plus you will just be mesmirized by your baby..

I think I would pass out with seeing my tummy open and miss the first ten mins of bubs life :rotfl:

Good luck with c-section :hug: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Fab news!
Im boked in for a section on 27th june. due 3rd July.
Like you, my info also says the screen can be dropped. I WILL be asking for it to be. I always pass out at the sight of my blood, but i also dont want to miss my last child enter the world (I've had 2 vaginal deliveries already) so im going to be very brave!
Im also trying to convince DH to take some pics once the baby's head is out, but he's not so keen. :lol: Have no idea why not! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks everyone! :hug: It seems more real now that I know the actual date and can plan everything. I think I've decided to ask them to drop the screen. It just seems like such a special moment that I don't want to miss. I guess I could always change my mind once I'm there though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back