formula question

hugsy

Reaction score
How much formula did you LO take as a newborn and did anyone find much difference between ready made and powder?

We used the sma ready made bottlesin the hospital and at home up untill tody, she was taking 100ml every 4 hours yesterday and today up untill her 3 and 7 feeds the were both powder and then at830she went crazy fussing for food so i gave in after ages and gave her a ready made at 9 and let her have 30 ml to try and settle but at 20 past was still going mad so we have her the other 70

i not sure now if its just that the powder being lighter is not filling her for as long or should i just let her have more when she wants it?

can i over fee her ? was thinking of giving her 120 ml at next feed but afraid of hurting her poor little tummy

oh shes 5 days old if that helps?

She will only take whatever she needs hun, whatever she doesn't want will come straight back up so dont worry about overfeeding xx

^^^ WSS

Ready made is thicker than powder, I find LO takes less when its ready made which makes sense I suppose with it being thicker it would fill them up easier?

You defo wont over feed her, babies aren't able to be overfed, their wee stomachs have an automatic shut of point & any other milk that goes down comes back up as puke. And its not puke like adult puke it doesn't really hurt them or anything, coz its not coming from inside the stomach.

xxxxxx

I was also on the SMA bottles in hostpital, when she was that age she used to take about 2-3 oz 7 times a day of powdered SMA but no they will only take what they need she weighed 6lb 5oz if that makes a difference to how muich they have, now 4 weeks on she takes between 4-5oz 5 times a day XXX

When ruby was 2 week old she was taking 5oz of milk. Don't worry about over feeding thou Hun as others have said you can't over feed a baby xx

As everyone has said, don't worry about over feeding them, they will sick up what won't fit in their stomachs!

Caleb was 10lb 4.5oz when he was born, and I BF for a week until I realised I didn't have enough milk, he was constantly hungry and never satisfied after his feeds, and he was straight onto 5/6 oz feeds then. And at night I'd BF him until he was finished and he'd then have 5oz milk.

The ready made stuff is slightly thicker so may fill them up more/for longer. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back