raspberry leaf tea tablets

kirey

Reaction score
Hi all

I am a regular reader of this site and will be 37 weeks on sunday.. little one due on 08th April.

I have just started taking the raspberry leaf tablets and almost instantly i have been having a lot more contractions...not sure if they are b hicks or the real thing on and off as with my first i didnt have anything until labour started even then there was a whole night of it then it stopped and i went to the hospital to get checked to be told i was 2cm and to come back in the evening .

This time however I have been getting this contractions a fair bit so am hoping that things are going to happen quite quick....I also have really bad SPD which is at its worst when i am in bed.... so am praying thay these tablets are helping things to move along i also have a reflexology appt on the 02nd which apparantly can induce labour...

is anyone else on raspberry tea tablets ????

Hi,

I don't much about them but at my antenatal class last night my midwife mention raspberry leaf tea.

She said that if you take it from 34 weeks it is supposed to 'tone' your uterus so making contractions more efficient. She said it is not likley to induce labour though.

But i have no idea, just thought i'd share :)

Laura
x

I was on raspberry leaf tea (the drink one) and didnt put me into labour. I took the tablets for 2 days and went into labour. Dont know if it helped contractions or anything but labour was quick once it established. Cervix was slow to open initially (after a few hours of contractions its soul destroying to be told you're 4cm :cry: ) however after then it only took about an hour to get to 10 and the birth bit was only 26 minutes.

No idea if they actually *do* anything but I guess if you believe they do then they will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back