Rash

moss

Reaction score
I have seen the doctor about Jacob's rash twice now. When I first noticed it, it was from his nappy area all the way to the end of his chin, then the middle cleared up, then it was just under his chin and around his chest. Of course the GP then said it is from dribbling, but gave him a prescription for Canestan. I have been using that for almost a week now, and I don't think it has cleared up! In fact, I think it has spread a bit. He scratches it in the morning and once in a while in the day, but it doesn't seem to bother him in general... He does cry a lot when we put the cream on it, though, so I think it must burn. :( It isn't raised at all... It is very red almost like a sunburn, but more blotchy. I can't find a picture that matches very well.

Is there any other cream I could try? I am going to bring him back to the GP if it doesn't start clearing up over the weekend, but it usually takes a while to get an appointment. There isn't a fever and this has been going on for a while now, so I'm not worried about it being something serious. I just feel bad for him being so uncomfortable. :(

I swear by vaseline, I use it all the time on Maia and it works really well, plus its only 85p from the supermarket :D

Hope your little man gets better soon :hug:

Thanks... I just checked his rash and it is much less red, but now it looks dry and flakey. I very gently touched it and he sucked in his breath as if I hurt him. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back