Mouth rash

Minime

Reaction score
Eefie's had this rash on his mouth for months. Dr said it was "teething" and use of dummy and gave some cream to use which hasn't done anything. The rash comes and goes, its always there but sometimes it looks very red. Anyhow I was flicking through some newborn pics of him and remembered this when he was born..

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n243 ... C00138.jpg

When his rash it bad it looks just like that. Now how can it be a dummy & teething when he didnt have this rash from a few days after birth until roughly weaning finger food age? The rash goes bright red when he has tomatoes. I got thinking then remembered the day before I had him I ate a chicken jalfrezi which has tomatoes in. Hmmmmm!

Going to keep him off tomatoes for a while to see if it clears up. I hope so as he looks a right scruff sometimes with his rash like he's not been cleaned or something!

I remember my first getting something similar from fresh orange juice . I kept him off it and it went away...he is now fine with O.J.

Good luck :hug:

This is what we were concerned about that he'd be able to have tomatoes again at some point if this is indeed the cause. Glad your LO can have orange again :)

My LO has a had a rash round his month for months, sounds similiar to your LO. I went to doctors and spoke to health visitors and got no answers!! ive narrowed it down to either his skin getting sensitive from all the cold weather and wind or maybe a little bit of excema(sp?) he gets it just under his eyes to, ive tried a few creams and E45 is the only thing that makes any difference! id defo recommened trying it if you havnt already!
orange juice and tomatoes make it worse to...dunno if thats just cos they are quite strong and if the skin is already sore it just makes it worse...

It seems to flare up with tomatoes as I've kept him completely off them and the rash is barely noticeable. His skin is often quite dry round there too and yes it did seem to come on with the onset of cold weather but also coincides with him trying finger foods (like tomato) so could be what you're saying and tomatoes or anything acidic irritates it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back