RANT over Past few days........

Jess1979

Reaction score
Well I have been in slow labour now for 2 weeks. Saw midwife on Sunday when she came out to my home to check my BP and carried out a sweep hoping that the sweep would kick things into action as im engaged (no such luck)

Tuesday looked liked things were finally progressing. Went to see the midwife on Wednesday morning and she could feel the contractions coming every 7 minutes. Babys heartbeat was strong so she carried out a further sweep (this one was most uncomfortable than the one on Sunday) and I had started to dilate. As this had been going on for a while she said go home and ring the labour ward in 2 hours and tell them as I have high BP I needed to go in.

Labour ward rection doesnt matter if you have high BP the contarctions arnt strong enough so no point in coming in.

Rang my midwife went back to see her Wednesday afternoon carried out another sweep (3 sweeps 2 in one day not nice). Contractions were coming every 6 mins but even the labour ward still wouldnt take me in on her recomendation even with my BP. The plan was for them to speed up the labour as im exhausted but they wont agree to it.

Had to see my consultant yesturday but he couldnt even be bothered to see me and sent a lady doctor in instead. This is the consultant who has had the midwife seeing me every fortnight as I have High Blood Pressure before I got pregnant and he could be bothered to see me.

No BP check was carried out or any further internals. She checked my stomach (which is now very tender) and her reaction 'well he isnt a big baby but your on the home stretch now' I could have punched her.

She looked over my notes and said there is no grounds to speed up the labour and that the induction would be carried in 14 days and that I would have to continue in slow labour unless it kicks in stronger in the meantime, as if they try to speed things up now as he is not ready it could mean me having to have a c section. Well this could also be the case in a further 14 days.

As I explained to the Doctor im exhausted and my worry is that come full blown labour im going to be too tired to get through it. Well the doctor went to see the consultant to see what he wanted to do and he has finally agreed that I can have an induction next Tuesday which will make me 41 week. So at least they are not leaving me for the full 14 days.

Had to go for baby to be monitered while I was there as have had limited movement but all is well. Just as I got out the hospital my midwife phoned me and I explained everything and she is shocked that they wont do anything.

My midwife has been with me all the way through every two weeks, knows my history and the consultant who has only seen me twice and wouldnt even see me this time has ignored all the recomendations from the midwife :wall2:doesnt even count that I have been suffering from constent headaches for past month.

My midwife who is now off for the next 3 days said she would contact me on Monday unless in the meantime baby decides to comes but if I feel I carnt cope with the pain any more or headaches get worse, baby's movements arent as strong to ring up stright away and tell them that I want checking over.

Sorry for the RANT

last night I just sat and cried my eyes out.

How frustrating :hugs: hope things getting going for you soon. xx

god you poor think so sorry you are going through this. xxx

Im really shocked they are treating you this way, personally i'd ring them and say you feel worse then they'll have to do something!

You cant carry on like this

:hugs: xxx

Oh gosh hun...how frustrating. it leaves u feeling so let down by the NHS doesnt it. chin up....I know it easier sed than dun as km as OD as u n suffering with severe spd n pgd....but I just keep tellin myself itll all b worth it x

I would pop yourself down to the maternity unit and stage a sit in!! You shouldn't be having to go backwards and forwards like this. Refuse to budge til they do something!!

I can't believe they are doing this to you, I know it's bad but I think I'd fake a symptom to get in there. How do they expect you to cope in established labour!!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back