RANT - Am I nesting

kellylou

Reaction score
Am in a really bad mood with OH, I finish work in 4 weeks which will mean 2 weeks before my due date, OH has promised to help me with things as I am shattered after doing 40hrs a week and this week worked a sat so today is my only day off and there is loads to do in the house.
I have just had to walk around picking up his smelly socks he just dumps on the landing, lounge, kitchen anywhere he takes them off really, strip the bed, do the washing, sort out a big box full of stuff from when we did the nursery, sort out all the paperwork for shredding as its cluttering the place up and thats on top of getting the kitchen tidy as after he cooked last night there was just no spare worktop space.

It's getting on my nerves now as he promised he would help out as we got close to the end but its still me stood doing most of the stuff I even did a list for him while I was at work and in 3 hours he loaded the dishwasher, emptied and covered up the rabbits hutch and finally took the plastic covers off our kitchen doors which were installed almost a year ago!!

I am seriously going to pop and don't think it is good for baby to be this wound up

take a deep breath and dont stress out.
Sometimes i think OH takes the piss like yesterday he left his socks on the floor in the living room, when he got home in the evening he said "why is my socks still on the floor?"
I COULDNT BELIVE IT! i just looked at him and said "well thats where you left them wasnt it?" :doh:
just cuz im home all day doesnt mean he can chuck his shit all over the place. I dont mind doing the cooking, washing up and laundry but when i was working i wouldnt do all that for him no way.

do your own things, leave his, and let him do it himself.
Like oh started sorting out all his jeans the other night, put them all on the bed and left it, so when i went to bed i just chucked them on his side of the bed and he had to do it to be able to get to sleep himself x

I know how you feel! I don't think men relise pregnancy is hard work!! We ache and very tierd but still I get "babe, can you make me a cuppa" grrr! I asked OH to get the steriliser out the attic 3 weeks ago and still he hasn't done it! He's away now until Wednesday and even if I don't go into labour before then I've still got to make sure the sterilisers working otherwise god knows how I'm gonna do the bottles!! It's good having a man rant!! Lol

Thanks u two i wouldnt mind so much if i wasnt so knackered ive got quite a boit done now but im investing in a stick and if jobs dont get done hes getting a beating lol!

god men genuinely are a pain in the arse, i agree make him do his own tidying! i hate it when they just expect things to get done for them. My father is prime example - our house is a genuine mess (clutter) and he sits on his arse when hes not at work and all it would take is 2 hours of tidying and organising. GRRR x

I think I need to hide his ps3 and the laptop to get stuff done feel stressed as doing an order for someone too and he just wont help grrrrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back