Random parenting tips!

Urchin

Reaction score
I thought we could post all the random tips we have learned with our babies. :)

- I use an old high chair toy (the kind with a sucker) in the bath, stuck to the side :)

- When I make spagetti bolognaise with a jar of pasta sauce, I add a tin of tomatoes to make it less salty.

- When Brody stuggles and goes stiff when I try and put him in his car seat, I tickle him and he scrunches up so I can strap him in. :lol:

-I use a tesco value shower curtain as a splash mat under the high chair

-invest in a cheap small rucksack as they get older for quick trips( drink, nappy, wipes and bib

When children get older and start to throw signs of having a tantrum because you wont give them something or they want to wear diff clothes etc. Give them a choice.

If you have the magazine you can't have a star on your chart.
You can wear the blue trousers or the brown trousers etc.

I find this works everytime. :D

- When baby coughs or sneezes, put his hand over his mouth so it eventually becomes second nature to him

- Keep a toy in the car glovebox so the next time baby starts to get bored in a traffic jam or wherever, you have something new and sparkly to occupy him

- The lids of bottles (eg avent) make great little serving dishes for early weaning

Izzy

Make sure you have a coat with a hood, you can't push a pram and hold a brolley. :D

Sounds random, but I only had office-style wool coats, and it's one you only discover when it's raining!

I have started baby lead weaning so messier than regular weaning but I have bought some cheap oversized flannels from ikea (you could cut up old towels) so when Leorah is finished I wet the flannel and fold it up and wash her down, then unfold a clean bit and wash the chair down, have a quick sweep and unfold another clean bit and wash over the laminate (or shower curtain as suggested above) and voila all clean in less than 2 minutes. The flannels then get washed on a hot wash with the bibs :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back