tips to make life easier!!

kelly'n'jack

Reaction score
i think im coping well with jack but sometimes i find it really hard to do silly things like washing or making up bottles as i seem to have him attached to me 24/7!
ive just got him to go to sleep by himself which has helped, i just put him down when hes tired with his dummy.

anyone got any tips or shotcuts to make things easier?

Hi hun,

I was finding that with the ashlea the other week. Have you got a swinging chair or bouncy chair you can put him in while you get a few things done? I take ashlea all round the house in her chair while i get things done, I sing and talk the whole time too. If she starts crying i pop her dummy in and hold her hand for a while or give her a cuddle then put her back in her chair. Don't know if this will help you. Other than that I get family n friends to take care of her while i run round like a blue ass fly doing jobs...I'll end up with no friends.... :rotfl:
Let me know how you're getting on hun... :hug:

My sister puts her son in a bouncer and puts it in front of the washing machine. If you have an old dark sock that doesn't leak anymore put that in with a white wash near the front and it keeps them facinated for ages.

I also found a playpen invaluable when I was a single mum with my first child - preferably a light one that you can move. That way you can set it up wherever you're working, keep toys in there and it keeps them tidy too.

This also helps to encourage them to play and entertain themselves (as all children must do sometimes)

have you got a sling or baby carrier you could put him in, so hes attached to you and you still have your hands free for other jobs

I let stephen cry tbh so he got used to mummy not being around him every second!
I put him in his bouncer in front of the tv with a cartoon dvd on while i got stuff done.And that was a great help, or i scheduled a naptime and got stuff done while he was sleeping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back